Retail mark up?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MillieMooks

Reaction score
Hi :) I am thinking of stocking a new skincare range. I know we can't post retail mark ups on here for various companies, but does anyone stock either Elemis, Demalogica or Guinot. I am trying to decide between them. Could you PM me what the wholesale price/retail mark up of these are if poss before I go through the pain of applying and getting a price list! :) And any likes or dislikes for them! TIA! x

do not go with dermalogica! flood the area cheaper online you will be stuck with stock as you cannot compete with the online sales plus they may of flood your area try environ or sothys

I know elemis have a minimum treatment room number and start up stock (£10k was last time I checked) and can't speak for Guinot but in my small town of 12,000 population Dermalogica has saturated the market completely and 4 places are all competing. I wouldn't touch them as the place next door may stock them too.

Thank you exquisitebeauty and Shiv9mbs, very helpful. Blimey 10K start up order :o
I was just tryng to get an idea of different brands and how much mark up they give you on retail products if anyone can help with that before I go through the pain of trying to get more info from them!
Thanks everyone, think will swerve Dermalogica! xx

Thank you exquisitebeauty and Shiv9mbs, very helpful. Blimey 10K start up order :o
I was just tryng to get an idea of different brands and how much mark up they give you on retail products if anyone can help with that before I go through the pain of trying to get more info from them!
Thanks everyone, think will swerve Dermalogica! xx
I’ll pm you x

Try murad, low start up xx

I think the OP is looking for mark up (so what you buy something for then what you retail it for) as oppose to opening orders x

I have been with Guinot for 30 years, but it is so cheap on the internet, some items cheaper with free postage than I can buy wholesale as a stockist. Great luxury products but I am continuing the treatments, but stopping retail. I also stock Environ, but it is less available online so my sales are good 50% of my turnover. I think Eve Taylor and Swiss Dermal do not allow discounted online sales?

Just to add, it is often the less well known brands that do the better mark ups, but you really have to do all the promoting yourself and be very good at sales. The bigger well known companies tend to all offer a similar mark up, but as my previous comments, you are then competing with discounted online products and if you price match, it is pennies profit.

Thank you :) Thats helpful! :) x

Latest posts

Back