Retail Minx

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JemmaB

Reaction score
What is it hun? Won't let me open the page!!

oh :( its on the Minx facebook page.
They've introduced a range of minx that we can retail to clients.

I think that's pretty crap to be honest I was going to do minx training but think my money will be better spent else where!

Yeah I mean I know alot of people that would sadly choose DIY nails/beauty than supporting local businesses to save a few £ and I think maybe this just fuels those ideas more :(

Just seen it! It's like the gell polish that's in boots now! Looks easy to do but it's not!! Clients won't be able to do it! Unless their trained or lots of pricey practice!!

I read this yesterday on the Minx FB page , I'm not sure how I feel about tbh . I've spent alot of money on Minx training , equipment and of course a good selection of Minx

I dont like the sounds of that, people already buy cheaper nail foils to do at home, if there is a DIY version of minx available and its cheaper people are obviously going to buy them rather than pay the extra to have it done, great from a clients point of view though!! xxxxx

I bought a load of new Minx at the Premier Orlando show yesteday and they had the retail display there, it was a pathetic looking cardboard thing!!

I have now decided I wouldn't retail it as it could stop the clients coming back for the service at the spa but would be interested to hear from others that do retail it.

Don't you think thought it's better for clients to buy it from you, then from high street stores, I mean if you sell nail polish, face masks, self tan, dose it stop clients coming in for them treatments, remember there's people that simply can't afford to have regular treatments, better there buying something from you then nothing. :)

Don't think it will make much difference TBH ! Like said above people come in to get nails painted/spray tanned/ eyebrows done ... All things that could be done at home by the client, they pay for you and your skill, not just the product!! (We all have one of THOSE clients who did a nail course in 1954 and tell you how to do it and bring their own varnish in, but they keep coming back because you do a much better job than they could! )

People can get them on ebay easily enough already and most professionals on here have been against it so they won't even attempt to retail it in-house anyway so a large portion of clients will never really know they can DIY minx.

Still I think it's a bit much to be letting the general public buy them, I like products to be professional only

I stopped buying minx when they ran sheekee out of the states. I just thought it seemed unprofessional.

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back