Retail products - what do you use, and what have you used in the past?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

classixuk

Reaction score
Just thought it might be a fun thread if we can compare lines that we currently use (and also lines that we have used in the past)?

Currently
Aveda
L'Oreal Professionel

In the past
Matrix
Wella
Tigi
Redken
PPS (loved this stuff, hate the fact they stopped making it)
Revlon
Paul Mitchell
Merlin
Schwarzkopf
Goldwell
Fudge
Rusk (horrible stuff)
Brocato
Alfaparf (didn't really like this line)
Clynol
American Crew (small amounts)
L'Amaur

What's your list?
:)

Currently
Matrix for everything!

Previously
Tigi
Paul Mitchell
Clynol
American crew
Loreal
Kerstase
Redken
GHD thermodynamics (pile of tat)
Modern organic products MOP for short
Sassoon professional ( colour line aswell)
Alterna ( LOVE this range)
Sebastian evokativ ( miss this range alot)
Sebastian colour
Fudge ( only a few bits )
D:fi
Goldwell
Wella
Keune ( love the range)
Kms ( few bits )

Think that it's lol alot of product training I've had though!!!!

Bluerinse!!!! Do u own your own salon?? I only work from home! I put a salon in one of my spare bedrooms, instead of being mobile! Just stock a little of wella, rusk! Clynol Tigi and loreal! Bought a few cheap branded stuff like ion! Not tried it out yet though but smells really good

Not yet, what makes you say that? X

Blue what were sassoon colours like any good? X

Currently use;
Redken
Pureology
GHD (the new styling range)

Have used;
Tigi
La biosthetique
KMS
L'oreal
Wella
Kerastase

They were erm.....eventful! Lol just bases then you add tone to them to custom make your colour x

Similar to aveda? X

Never used aveda, let me explain a little more...you got your bases 1-10 in your crema gel then all your pure pigments that you add, say you want a warm base with ash highlights, we did this on our boss and the "warm" all over tint went pink!! And highlights went blue!! It was a massive learning curve lol x

Bluerinse!!!! I was only a
asking cause u seem to have every product from everyone. Is it just hair u do or anything else x

So far I've used:
L'oreal
Wella
Label.m
Kitoko
Affinage

Now exploring into matrix :)

Lol I've been around haha love Alterna, matrix and mop though :) yeah just do hair, make up on the side :) x

Currently l'oreal for colour, redkin and Paul Mitchell retail and in salon.

My favourite colours I have used in the past were aveda but find you get a similar result with INOA by l'oreal Hated Avantage colours and KMS products suck
I used to love l'anza but not seen it for years, but if I had to chose my use forever range it would be good old Paul Mitchell products and Aveda colour.

Affinage...predictive text not advantage lol

Currently l'oreal for colour, redkin and Paul Mitchell retail and in salon.

My favourite colours I have used in the past were aveda but find you get a similar result with INOA by l'oreal Hated Avantage colours and KMS products suck
I used to love l'anza but not seen it for years, but if I had to chose my use forever range it would be good old Paul Mitchell products and Aveda colour.

You get on ok with inoa? I used to have it in old salon and didnt like it one bit x

You get on ok with inoa? I used to have it in old salon and didnt like it one bit x

Second that, inoa's horrible, doesn't cover grey and hate the consistency of it. Extremely over priced too

I have made an effort to really use it and get to know it over the last fortnight, was a bit frightened before. It's quite translucent but I love the tones and is really easy to work with. The first time I used it I didn't use whisk tool to mix and didnt apply enough and I was embarrassed by how crap it was but I read literature And am enjoying "playing"... Can't beat AVEDA though I used to love mixing custom colours 8 y/o was my my fail safe lol

Second that, inoa's horrible, doesn't cover grey and hate the consistency of it. Extremely over priced too

Isn't that just loreal in general? I know you get what you pay for and inlike some of the ranges but seriously their prices?? X

U found the colour results "weird" they never came out as I expected. I used to go wholesalers and buy l'oreal for my clients out my own pocket as I despised it so much! Although have to admit the salon owner was rubbish at training as was a tight ass so I could have been choosing the wrong shades

Latest posts

Back