Retailing Cuticle Oil

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jordinaildesign

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I was just wondering, how good a retail item is cuticle oil (I am thinking of introducing a retail pack to my range)? Roughly how many of your clients want one to take home? And how much do you retail yours at for a 1/2oz bottle?

Thanks in advance for your help ppl!

jordinaildesign said:
Hi Geeks,
Roughly how many of your clients want one to take home? And how much do you retail yours at for a 1/2oz bottle?

Thanks in advance for your help ppl!

Hi Claire, I always recommend my clients purchase cuticle oil as it is an essential to keeping the nail supple and prevents the enhancement becoming brittle and peeling overlays as well as keeping the cuticle area well nourished maintaining the natural nail too. It also acts as a barrier to liquids like water although I recommend the use of gloves at all times for washing up & housework. IMO cuticle oil is a 'MUST' have item. I buy mine from my local sally store for £1.53 and I retail it for £3.00. HTH.

Nat

Hi Claire- i too also recommend to every new client that they purchase the oil- it does soo much good.

I actually offer a guarantee to my clients that i will repair/replace up to two nails each time FOC but if they don't buy the oil the guarantee isn't included- as IMO they aren't following my advice in looking after the enhancements as they need to be.

I buy a 7.4ml bottle for £1.75 & retail it @ 3.50

Hope this helps with making you're decision

xxxx

No client should leave the salon without Solar Oil.

Good idea Beckster I like the guarantee thing.
Creative Solar Oil voted best cuticle oil by InStyle magazine 2 years running!!

Thankyou Gigi- I find that it works very well for me with retailing my oil & keeps their nails in tip top condition.

The oil i do is lovely but I lurrve the smell of the Solar Oil, however, because i don't use Creative products i have stuck to the oil with the brand of nails i use...
Do you all think it would be wrong of me to sell a different branded oil with my enhancements??

geeg said:
No client should leave the salon without Solar Oil.

Good idea Beckster I like the guarantee thing.
Creative Solar Oil voted best cuticle oil by InStyle magazine 2 years running!!

Since I became so obsessed with Solar Oil and just how brilliant it is, my new clients always buy a bottle, either they believe the wonderful things I tell them about Solar oil or they buy a bottle to shut me up :) , and I check with them at every visit to see if they are using their solar oil and they do! I can see such an improvement after only 2 weeks!

Cuticle oil is pretty much the only nail item I retail over here but I sell it by the bucket load! I advise all my clients to purchase a mini bottle and most do. Even Men have bought some off me cos I go on and on about the benefits so much!!

SolarOil will work with any enhancement system and is so much finer in quality than most of the oils out there and it has so many other uses too.

Im a master tech, so my prices for a full set are higher than my tech who isnt a master, so my clients get a free pinkie solar oil if they have a new set. When my junior tech does a new set then we educate the client on the benifits of solaroil and if they buy a pinkie from her on the same day as they get their nails doen, then they buy it for £2, otherwise i retail the pinkies at £3 all other times.

Thanks for all your replies geeks!! Seems like a winner then! (I currently supply the 2.5oz, 4oz and 16oz bottles) but as most of you like to retail it I think it would be worth me introducing a retail pack to the range. I was reading a thread posted by Twinkle_2282 about adding aromatherapy oils which also seems like the perfect excuse for me to experiment :D ! Watch this space...

Hi Jordi,

I just wondered if you'd ever thought about buying a set of Aftercare leaflets from Designer Nails UK Ltd? These serve as an excellent way to retail SolarOil in your salon and to urge clients to keep to regular appointments. The leaflet suggests that every client should purchase SolarOil and Solarsilk (whipped up SolarOil for a hand cream) in order to preserve their enhancements, and that they should try to book a series of appointments, visiting the salon once every two to three weeks.

I would also strongly recommend The Reality Mean Retail Course with the Creative Nail Academy at Designer Nails, which is only £95.

I'm sure you'll agree that retailing is an excellent way to increase your salon income! For example, if just five of your clients took a 1/4oz bottle of SolarOil home with them today you'd be earning £27.50 per day. For six days this would give you an extra £165 a week!!

Cheers,
David
x

Sorry guys it doesn't seem I explained myself very well, I'm actually a supplier to Salons and Nail Technicians, not actually a practising tech myself (If you saw my attempts at sculpting you'd know why! ;) ). I was just trying to find out whether there is a market for this kind of product. But thanks anyway!!!! (I'll try to be a little clearer in future :o )

Latest posts

Back