Retailing home care

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chameleon

Reaction score
This applies after manicures,and in particular for enhancements.

I know the obligatory solar oil is a must,and should be used 3 times a day...or is that too excessive,is it just me??..LOL

I want to know what products from Creative i can strongly reccommend to keep clients nails in tip top condition...:!:

Im thinking a good hand wash,some good moisturiser,maybe a cuticle exfoliant aswell as cuticle oil...or is this too much...i say this because i dont EVER want my clients hands and nails to dry out,because after all the product is plastic,and dont want it to "plasticise"...is that the word?

Also,should one automatically include a cuticle oil with the first manicure or enhancement service,thereby you KNOW the client has one at the ready?

Sorry if im asking the silly questions youve heard before,but i want to be armed with as much info as i can get prior to my training at Salisbury the end of september:!:

Thanks...Gabixxxxxx

Although it's early days for me I think the main item is of course Solar Oil.

I give each new enhancement client a pinkie bottle of it complimentary, and they will come back and buy more!:) I advise that they apply it 4x day for the first 2 days after enhancements then 2x day thereafter.

Other than that I haven't retailed anything else, but then I'm not salon based which makes a difference.

You will like the Creative Scentsations range - they're divine.:) And I would think ought to retail well too.

I sell loads of the Creative cuticle eraser, have to say I never get much interest in the solar oil.

I don't stock the polishes anymore as they just wouldn't sell, for some reason clients said £10 was to much when you could get Jessica or OPI for £8/9 but when I used to point out that Clinique & Dior are more expensive but not a pro brand they'd go all quiet !

Hi,
Solar oil is your main retail product but there are loads of other fantastic retailing opportunities!

If your clients like solar, oil they will love solar manicure and solar butter (I love it too!) they can use solar manicure 2x week and solar butter daily.
Scentsations hand and body wash and hand and body lotion come in all different flavours and smell gorgeous! mango and coconut is my fav!And they lotion come in handbag size too.

Base and top coats (try "out the door") are a good seller especially for clients who wear colour although polish colours dont sell that well. and dont forget non acetone nail enamel remover.

And maybe a girlfriend buffer!

HTHs

I retail Solar oil in 2 different sizes ( if the client wanted the large size then I would order it, this is what I have in stock), also Solar Butter flies out the door along with solar balm. The Scentsations range goes donw a treat aswell with most clients purchasing the wash and lotion!
A few of my regular pedicure clients have bought the scrubs to use at home in between appointments and of course CHT!!!
I dont stock enamels as none of my clients have ever asked about purchasing one as they can come to me for a polish!
Natural nail files, glossing buffer and the girlfriend! Cuticle eraser and rejuvinator aswell!
It sounds like I have a fair bit of stock but I dont its bits of everything really!

I do have alot of clients into Natural Nail care so they really love Creatives products for the natural nail!

I sell loads of the Creative cuticle eraser, have to say I never get much interest in the solar oil.

I don't stock the polishes anymore as they just wouldn't sell, for some reason clients said £10 was to much when you could get Jessica or OPI for £8/9 but when I used to point out that Clinique & Dior are more expensive but not a pro brand they'd go all quiet !

you dont have to sell them for £ 10 thats just the rrp, try knocking the price down to what you think your customers will buy, i do that sometimes,
i have a sale!! yippee :hug:

I retail Solar oil in 2 different sizes ( if the client wanted the large size then I would order it, this is what I have in stock), also Solar Butter flies out the door along with solar balm. The Scentsations range goes donw a treat aswell with most clients purchasing the wash and lotion!
A few of my regular pedicure clients have bought the scrubs to use at home in between appointments and of course CHT!!!
I dont stock enamels as none of my clients have ever asked about purchasing one as they can come to me for a polish!
Natural nail files, glossing buffer and the girlfriend! Cuticle eraser and rejuvinator aswell!
It sounds like I have a fair bit of stock but I dont its bits of everything really!

I do have alot of clients into Natural Nail care so they really love Creatives products for the natural nail!
OMG...Rich will do his nut when i come back with all that...LOL

No,i think solar oil,glossing buffer,and the scensations to start with...Thanks for your replies...

Rich doesnt know this but im already booking my conversion course on spa mani and pedi before we go to France...:rolleyes::lol:

gabi,

I retail solar oil to every client as a must, it helps to speed up the curing time for 1, and also acts like a shock absorber,it does plasticize the enhancements , you want this to happen as it keeps them tough and stops them from becoming brittle, I give them a small pinkie on their first set (built into price !)
also cuticle eraser this helps with clients with over grown cubicles as it cuts down the time you need to spend removing them on their next re balance,
(its like shampoo, solar oil conditioner !)
also solar silk is a very popular alround hand lotion,
I retail a few of the sensations as well,(hand wash and lotion) and I would have some top coats in (super shiney and air dry) as clients have gone for the cheaper ones and can be a pain to remove on the re balance!
also toughen up for your natural nail clients,
and cht for the feet!
I do have the small enamel stand (holds 12) like some have said I don't retail loads of them but they are there is anyone wants them and it does complete the retail display area, I feel as a nail tech I should be retailing enamels jmo xx
one thing I don't retail is abrasives ! i don't want my clients messing !!

o0h and nail enamel remover !

I know it sounds a lot but it isn't really, I don't buy huge numbers of the items just enough to be able to have a good choice xx

Latest posts

Back