Retailing in a home based salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lmacanaspie

Reaction score
Hi, just after some advice really. I work from home in a converted garage. I only work part time, as I have another job too so don’t have 100s of clients coming through the door every week.
I have started offering Eve Taylor facials, and wanted to think about retailing. I was thinking of starting now with Christmas coming and getting some of the aromawax candles and maybe some gift sets and see how it goes but I’m just a bit worried because I am not a big salon with a lot of people coming through the door I will struggle to sell them.
I just really wanted to know if anyone else has a Homebased salon and retail products? And how much you order should I start with just s couple and see how it goes or put in a bigger order to save on reliever etc. And any advice on displays and how you sell them really!

Thanks!

I retail within my home salon. I have shelves around the room where I display the stock.
I stick to items that clients cannot easily get from the high street or supermarket. As I can get most items on next day delivery I don't keep much quantity. Some products I just keep one in stock and replace once sold.
I sell:
  • Kaeso skin care
  • Crystal Clear skin care complex c range
  • Tisserand aromatherapy oils (to sell after their treatments)
  • Nail files & buffers
  • Foot files
  • Vinylux nail polish (to match the shellac I do)
  • Acetone
  • Foot spray
  • Hand creams
  • Foot cream
  • After electrolysis lotion

When buying in gift packs to retail, I always think to myself - can I take it apart and sell/use as individual items if it doesn't sell.

Start slowly and build up one range at a time.

Thank you for your reply, I've ordered a few bits so we will see how it goes!

Do you take card payments? If so, is it possible to promote the products on your social media and accept payments for them over the phone? Then you're not just selling to the people who are booking appointments.

I do take bank transfers, so I suppose that is a good thing to try! thank you for your reply!

Latest posts

Back