Retailing products online and Consumer Rights

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicole333

Reaction score
I would like to increase my retail sales and provide the option to buy products from my website. I live on an island and would like to sell with the option of the customer collecting their items from my home salon. For me, I think at this stage it keeps things more simple, because the thought of retailing to customers online with no prior experience is daunting to say the least.

I don't want the extra hassle of posting and people reporting that their item was lost or damaged etc. Which leads me onto Consumer Rights. :Scared:
All I know at this stage is that a consumer has a cool off period of seven days under the distance selling regulations, so can change their minds on purchasing the product.

Where would be the best place for me to make a start in enquiring about the rules and regulations of selling in the way that I would be doing it? I take it I would have to have terms and conditions stated on my website and ask the person to agree to them as part of the selling contract?

I need to get this up and running, but know nothing! So thank you for any help in pointing me in the right direction.

It's the distant selling laws. The customers have 7 days to decide to return the product if they change their mind. They pay for return postage and you can specify they send it recorded. If its faulty or arrives damaged you pay for the return postage. You will be fine

Hi, thanks for your reply it was getting lonely out here! :wink2:

I'm not sure if you read all of my thread, but I won't be doing postage with my retail. Thanks anyway. :)

It sounds more like what your wanting is a local shop window type thing. As your not posting id list everything with prices but no checkout as once they've paid its under distance selling which is stricter, (yes they can open it & decide its not for them & return it used) also if they collect you cant prove delivery anyway if you get me ...

online sellings great but there's no point half doing something,

Use it as a shop window, get em in and help them buy the right thing first time with a perscriptive type service

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back