Retailing products

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donna29

Reaction score
Hi

Can anyone give me some advice on a mobile extensionist selling products (hair brushes and after care kits) What is the law on this? I do not want to buy bulk and sell on if there are certain rules I need to follow as I do not know them. Also where do you buy products like these that you are allowed to sell on? How much do you add on to the price that your purchased them for to make a profit for your efforts.

All advice really appreciated

Many thanks

Donna

you can buy from your hair supplier, beauty wholesalers such as Capital & salon services etc, ebay (multipack of brushes), heck even primark (4x section clips £1 :wink2:) Options Ltd sell shampoo's.

Anywhere you can buy things cheaper then you plan to sell them, there's no rule about that.

Try to double up but be reasonable, somethings may only be worth 1/3 profit, branded things you may want to sell at 10% cheaper then RRP for instance, or group a few things together & try to get £5 profit, it's whatever you want to achieve.

Just be aware of consumer rights (which applies to your fittings also), it's mostly common sense as you'd expect from any shop,

but this is a good site to brush up on detail if you wish to, but dont get freaked out or bogged down, there's nothing scary in there -

I want to return my goods - Which? Consumer Rights
Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 - Which? Consumer Rights

(selling online there's also distance selling regulations to consider)

Latest posts

Back