Retailing techniques

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlee-c

Reaction score
I have no problem when it comes to nail polish and retailing,however when it comes to skin care I find it a little difficult,what are your sales techniques as such when it comes to skin care? After my client has had a facial I give them a top copy of there consultation form with the products I used throughout the facial and what I would recommend for them.

Charlotte

I talk to them during the treatment, telling them what I'm doing, why I'm doing it, what the benefit is of each product I use. Then I tell them all about the retail products we stock and how these will improve the clients skin between salon treatments which means that each salon treatment will be more effective and have longer lasting effects than if we're just using the products during salon visits.
When I hand them their treatment plan I show them where I've written down the retail products that will work best for them and tell them to have a think about it.
I hate pressure selling and find that if I just enthuse, tell them how much I love using them and then I tell them how old I am.
Works every time:)

Clients need to know that what they are buying, they need and will benefit them. The quickest way to lose clients is to give them the hard sell ! Keep track of what they buy and when,so you can work out roughly when they will need to buy again. Giving the right home care advice is all part of the package, just talk about the products and give samples and then record what they have taken home and ask next treatment what they thought about them.
Also know your products and the key ingredients and how they will benefit the skin.
I always say to my clients that when they have a facial I am repairing and rebalancing their skin and if they want to maintain its condition to use xyz .then their skin will continue to improve, rather than them go back to soap and water and dove, and I have to repair the skin again next month !
Hope this helps !
JoJo x

At the end of their facial give them a mirror and ask if their skin looks/feels better to them, if you're using quality products it should :) then you explain how the improvement can be maintained at home.

Don't line up a whole range of products, just the 2 or 3 key ones depending on their skincare concerns and then explain how these will help long term with their skin.

Remember that many clients who book in for facials are doing so because they want advice and knowledge to allow them to address a concern, you would be doing them a dis-service not to tell them how they can improve their skin and achieve the results they want to see.

Ask the client what they want to achieve from the facial, what are their main concerns? If its dark circles offer an eye gel and tell her the benefits or dry skin recommend a nourishing moisturiser. They have told you what their concerns are so you are just giving them what they have basically asked for. If you are using a good product and you sell them the right thing they will be a client for life when they see the results.

Thanks I'm going to try all these tomorrow,I have two facials in and I'm going to aim to get atleast one of them to buy something,fingers crossed for them both though!

Charlotte

Hi

how did you get on?

x

There weren't even interested in anything I had to say,not even sure if they wanted to be there really someone had booked it as a gift or them,all I got was dermalogica this dermalogica that...I use Elemis,they won't be coming back haha,I have 2 in tomorrow as well fingers crossed they are abit more sociable
Xx

Latest posts

Back