Retaping and re-installing tape in extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jjdgad1417

Reaction score
Looking for advice on retaping and reinstalling tape in hair extensions.

We ordered some hair to test out from amazing beauty hair off amazon. It does not come with a remover but when I reached out they recommended walker but didn’t specify which one. In the meantime, I read you could use 99% isopropyl alcohol. I had no problem getting them out but am having trouble removing the tape completely. I soaked it in the alcohol but it still remains very sticky after the strip of tape comes off. It sticks to my nails and fingers which makes it even more difficult. This is as far as I’ve gotten.

Next question is after I wash them but before I retape how do you dry them? Do you just hold with one hand and try with the other? How can you smooth them?

Looking for any advice at all.

Thank you!!

So once you have them out let them dry out. Don't soak them in the solution. Wait until they have dried out and then use your thumb and drag it along it and it will come off.
You have to use a lot of pressure and it is very sticky but I've found its the best way.

I use acetone to remove my tape ins and tape taps off the actual tape ins

Latest posts

Back