Retention or Skyscraper-tell me I'm not the only one having this dilemma

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Creative Keren

Creative Nail Studio
Reaction score
I started out in my basic training years ago with Cuccio products, I then did a conversion to NSI L&P and found the product to be great but I needed more. Also, the company not being easily accessible for me and the postage each time I needed one item was getting expensive. After much research and my CND Shellac course, I decided that I wanted to be a CND grand master at some stage. I love their products, I love the company. My dilemma is this....

I have wanted to get booked on courses with them for a few months now and they keep explaining to me that their isn't enough demand for it in my area so unless I want to pay for a 121, there isn't really much they can do but let me know if anything comes available. this makes me sad. I also got ridiculously excited when o heard that waxperts was going to be offered and immediately called to see about training. I was told that the courses were not available yet and I had to wait (about 2 weeks) then they will email me...that was about 2 months ago. So I called them and asked "when, when, when?" And was told only if I go to Manchester or to London. (I live in the Midlands) this also makes me sad as its extra time and costs of fuel etc.

Anyway, I've been hearing an awful lot about LaPalm Skyscraper L&P being rather special as is the GelII that I tried and my clients have gone mad for! I'm starting to wonder if maybe I should just go purely with them instead?

The way I see it is that whilst CND are my 1st choice and I have a soft spot in my heart for them, LaPalm seem to have built a rather impeccable reputation also and the quality of their products are outstanding.

Has anyone had this dilemma before and what did you do? Has anyone got experience of using the l&p skyscraper? Any advice is greatly appreciated. :hugs:

I started out in my basic training years ago with Cuccio products, I then did a conversion to NSI L&P and found the product to be great but I needed more. Also, the company not being easily accessible for me and the postage each time I needed one item was getting expensive. After much research and my CND Shellac course, I decided that I wanted to be a CND grand master at some stage. I love their products, I love the company. My dilemma is this....

I have wanted to get booked on courses with them for a few months now and they keep explaining to me that their isn't enough demand for it in my area so unless I want to pay for a 121, there isn't really much they can do but let me know if anything comes available. this makes me sad. I also got ridiculously excited when o heard that waxperts was going to be offered and immediately called to see about training. I was told that the courses were not available yet and I had to wait (about 2 weeks) then they will email me...that was about 2 months ago. So I called them and asked "when, when, when?" And was told only if I go to Manchester or to London. (I live in the Midlands) this also makes me sad as its extra time and costs of fuel etc.

Anyway, I've been hearing an awful lot about LaPalm Skyscraper L&P being rather special as is the GelII that I tried and my clients have gone mad for! I'm starting to wonder if maybe I should just go purely with them instead?

The way I see it is that whilst CND are my 1st choice and I have a soft spot in my heart for them, LaPalm seem to have built a rather impeccable reputation also and the quality of their products are outstanding.

Has anyone had this dilemma before and what did you do? Has anyone got experience of using the l&p skyscraper? Any advice is greatly appreciated. :hugs:
I know what you mean.. I did the Cnd beginners course and wanted to further my training by doing the spa pedicure course in time for summer. I called and was told that they no longer do pedicure courses (why not???) but I could ask an educator if they were willing to do a 121 with me. Unfortunately after about two weeks of waiting for my first choice of educator to get back to me I was told that she would not be able to offer me 121 for pedicure course. It was a bit disappointing and I couldn't find anyone else near me willing to teach me. So... I called the creative beauty group and they were awesome!!! Booked on a pedicure course in about 5 minutes!!! And the EEs are amazing! They are always available to answer Ur questions and are super helpful. I have fallen in love with gel II and wish I had started off with them to be honest! So I think that from now on I am going exclusively with gel II and the creative beauty group.

Oh and sorry I couldn't help u... I was just so excited to read someone else felt like me that I just had to reply lol

Hi, I used CND retention for many years with no problems it's a good product, but I now use skyscraper building gel and the l&p and woudnt go back, the soak of building gel is amazing and I now wear it all the time having long sculpts and I never thought I'd change from acrylic, but I love the product, the l&p is equally as good and my clients are loving it too.

The EE's are all fab lol, I'm biased as I'm the London EE :) but seriously all the girls are lovely and they'll happily chat to you about anything and answer any questions as will I.

Hi, I used CND retention for many years with no problems it's a good product, but I now use skyscraper building gel and the l&p and woudnt go back, the soak of building gel is amazing and I now wear it all the time having long sculpts and I never thought I'd change from acrylic, but I love the product, the l&p is equally as good and my clients are loving it too.

The EE's are all fab lol, I'm biased as I'm the London EE :) but seriously all the girls are lovely and they'll happily chat to you about anything and answer any questions as will I.
Thanks for that Maz :hugs: I've been mulling it over for weeks and the clients that ive spoken to about perhaps me no longer offering Shellac and being solely Creative Beauty Group products have 99% said yes! I'm thinking I'll wait until the show on the 10th, rack the brains of you guys at the stand and see from there

I dont do acrylic yet but once my studio is built im seriously considering training in acrylic using Skyscraper. Its either that or Crystal nails ooh decisions decisions..

Latest posts

Back