Retention vs Radical for lifting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didnt finish your answer:

P.S. Will any make of acid based primer do?

For the most part... it should. But I am only assuming. Personally... I would get away from the acidic priemr thing and opt for something more along the lines o Nail Fresh (kind of a pre treater before ScrubFresh).... That way you won't sacrifice your bond :|

Toodles

jennie NE said:
Did I read your post right? Did you say use the NAilfresh BEFORE the Scrubfresh? I always thought the nailfresh went on right before the primer. :ack: Gosh, let me know. Maybe this is why I have lifting.

Yup... use before Scrubfresh... though its not a lifting issue.

Use NF before SF or NF will remove the pathogen fighters the SF leaves behind.
In other owrds, not for better adhesion, but for better anti-greenie effect :)

Hope that helps

Did I read your post right? Did you say use the NAilfresh BEFORE the Scrubfresh? I always thought the nailfresh went on right before the primer. :ack: Gosh, let me know. Maybe this is why I have lifting.

Sara@Utopia

Reaction score
:?: Hi guys,

This is my first message on your board so excuse any mistakes!!?!

I have always used Retention+ and have very few problems with lifting, but I have got a new client with who I am having great problems with lifting. I am assuming its not my prep since I don't get these probs with others, also she says she has had this problem before whenever she has had her nails done.

I think I have read or heard somewhere that Radical liquid may be a better product for a client with "lifting-prone" nails? Is this right? If so, do I use it in the same way as Retention+, i.e. just scrubfresh or do I need to use a different primer?

Any thoughts,
Thanks
Sara

Hey Sara... Welcome to the board.

Technically... R+ creates a covalent bond (the strongest bond between 2 objects) with keratin... so it bonds better than Radical...

However...

Sounds to me like this client may have excessively oily plates. If oil is left on the plates... R+ can’t bond to the keratin... hence the lifting.
If you use an acidic primer... that will usually remove the excess primer so that the product may adhere to the plate.... but using an acidic primer can lower your maximum level of adhesion with R+.
If you use an acidic primer with R+... the bond comes from the primer... not R+... therefore you end up with the same adhesion as using acidic primers and Radical.
In other words... you get rid of the oil, so you get adhesion... but at the cost of the strength of the adhesion.
In my opinion... that’s still OK.
There are other alternatives (i.e. using Nail Fresh) though you will find an acidic primer will sort you straight out.

Hope that makes sense... here is a blurb on how primers work to help you make the appropriate decision.

http://www.samuelsweet.com/musings/PrimerOnLifting.php

Hope this helps

:huh: Basically :

R+ with an acid based primer to get a lower strength bond, but the acid primer will definitely help with the oil problem!!

:? I will let you know how I get on!

Sara

P.S. Will any make of acid based primer do? I have only ever used creative. Do they sell one?? Any recommendations?

... and no.

CND had an acidic Primer called Primer Plus... but it is discontinued. You may still find some at the distributors though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back