Retouching roots after highlights

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stella1981

Reaction score
I have client that has been using box dyes and I’ve done a full head of bleach highlights on a warm base 8. It lifted well but the problem is she is getting married and wants her roots touching up before the wedding in two weeks. What can I use?? The whole idea of the highlights was to cool it down as she wanted an icey blonde on the 10 line if that makes sense. I’m scared the tint would make it too warm still. Any suggestions or ideas?? Would 10/1 & 12% work or should o use high lift? I use wella btw,thanks in advance x

W
I have client that has been using box dyes and I’ve done a full head of bleach highlights on a warm base 8. It lifted well but the problem is she is getting married and wants her roots touching up before the wedding in two weeks. What can I use?? The whole idea of the highlights was to cool it down as she wanted an icey blonde on the 10 line if that makes sense. I’m scared the tint would make it too warm still. Any suggestions or ideas?? Would 10/1 & 12% work or should o use high lift? I use wella btw,thanks in advance x
What's her natural base? And what did you use the first time you highlighted it?

Base 8 , I used bleach and 6%

Base 8 , I used bleach and 6%
I would try KP 10/0 +12%, and then blondor and 6 % every other, only take through where needed. Hope this helps

Would 10/0 and 12% be ok in roots as I’m not foiling. She just wants roots to look lighter x

Would 10/0 and 12% be ok in roots as I’m not foiling. She just wants roots to look lighter x
Oh sorry my bad, I thought you'd be highlighting the roots. Do she's an 8 naturally and has a warm 8 mid length with bleach highlights?
9/1 with 6% should be enough really, I can't imagine you'd want anything lighter as it will make her roots look lighter than the rest.
What shade does the colour on the mid lengths and ends of her hair look like, try and use your shade chart to match it up?

Do you think a 9 would be light enough?This is what the midlengths look like. x

80b30bf070ee35c6ce7509de5c1c2de9.jpg

i think a 9/1 could be too light on its own, this colour to me looks to be a 10 on the ends and a 8-9 on the mids, i would use 88/0+9/1 with 30 volume

She only has a very small amount of regrowth as I did the foils a couple of weeks ago x

Latest posts

Back