Retrieving old clients?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElysianAnnie

Reaction score
So I haven't heard from a couple of clients for a while and I want to send them an email to prompt them to come back.
My mind has gone completely blank and I can't think of a good enough email to send.
I don't know whether to word the email so they know they're receiving it because they haven't booked an appointment for a while or completely avoid that subject and word it so they think that all of my clientele is receiving the email too? Preferably I would like to add in there that I have noticed their lack of attendance but how do I word it so it's subtle and not too pushy/desperate?
Has anyone ever composed an email/letter like this? Some examples would be really helpful!
Thankyou

I've had emails before saying things like "we've missed you! Book your next appointment/buy 'X' and get **% off." Not too pushy or anything, but lets you know you haven't been in a while and they want you back! I think I also got a "was it something we said?" one once, but I guess it totally depends on how humorous you want to make it and what your clients are like!

I think if it sounded generic and I received it I wouldn't respond - the same as when someone sends their new number if it's not a personal message I just save the number and don't reply.

I personally (especially with clients that I felt like I built a good relationship with) have sent out a personal message before saying...

'Hey how you doing, not seen you for a while, hope things are all okay'

This either triggers them into an explanation as to why (money, family problems, having a break), a booking or a response of them saying all is fine and shrugging the message off but to me it shows you care and aren't just trying to prise them back in when they may have much more going on than just their hair/nails/massage etc.

Thank you for you taking the time to reply! I'm definitely going to go with the more personal approach. Thanks again

I agree with Emily S. I also go for the personal approach. I was once advised by a business coach to give money off offers but they never worked. For me, the personal touch does something, it may not bring them back immediately but it reminds them that I'm thinking of them. If they tell me their story I know they'll come back at some point, if they don't reply I'm pretty certain they've just gone and left.

Our software send out a text to those who haven't visited within a set amount of days. I think I set mine to about 9 weeks after last appt. it says hello ....., we haven't seen you for a while but would like to welcome you back with a % discount if booked within the next 2 weeks. You can set what amount you want. It works well for us and triggers people's memories. Sometimes people feel embarrassed to come back if they have been somewhere else or just been too busy. It's worth trying as it might bring clients back who wouldn't call if they didn't receive it!

Daydreams, what software do you use? X

I have salon advantage. It comes with lots of campaigns and you can choose which ones to use and how frequently etc. i think most companies offer a similar thing. Keep getting emails from a new one called salon executive which might be worth looking into. I think if I was choosing a company now I Would go with one that was cloud based but it cost me a lot to get and I use the wahanda widget to give me an online booking facility so will make do for a a bit longer. As I purchased it outright, I just pay for monthly sms which can vary from £25+ depending on how many campaigns have run. They do now offer an online booking facility but it would double my monthly payments so that's why I haven't done it with them.

What Emily S. wrote works great.

I would also like to recommend using some kind of email tracking program. There are lots of free ones available online (you can find them in your browser app store, or using a search engine), but they all work on the same principal: a tiny 1 pixel image is uploaded to a unique website address. The 1 pixel image is embedded into the email via HTML. Once the email is opened by the customer, the unique URL is requested, and you then know your customer has read their email.

You can use this to track what works for you, what doesn't, and followup with your customer in other ways. For example, you may find out that customers who open your email, but don't reply may respond better if you call or write them later, or respond better with a different deal.

Latest posts

Back