Return to work after lockdown while pregnant!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katy G

Reaction score
Hey,

Are there any other self employed pregnant stylists out there? And what are your plans on returning to work if at all at the moment?

I’m 15 weeks and due in November, if I’m honest I’m a bit nervous to go back, I work in a salon and they’re preparing for opening back up with all the correct PPE etc if we get the go ahead on July 4th.

Another pregnant hairdresser I know, employed in a nearby salon has been advised to not go back by her boss who is following her solicitors advice due to risk assessment.

Many thanks!

Last edited:
Hiya! I would look into if your high risk being pregant? I know high risk are not allowed back to work and will still receive extra help. I'm not in your position but I think if you can go back to work its 100% your choice to do so. If you do decide to go back just make sure you wear a mask, disposable apron ect as your health is priority. hope this helps a little - good luck x

Hey,

Are there any other self employed pregnant stylists out there? And what are your plans on returning to work if at all at the moment?

I’m 15 weeks and due in November, if I’m honest I’m a bit nervous to go back, I work in a salon and they’re preparing for opening back up with all the correct PPE etc if we get the go ahead on July 4th.

Another pregnant hairdresser I know, employed in a nearby salon has been advised to not go back by her boss who is following her solicitors advice due to risk assessment.

Many thanks!
Hi, I too have recently found out I am 6 weeks pregnant... I have been looking everywhere for advice as I’m so nervous about working again.. I can’t find help anywhere. I am waiting for a call back from citizen advice... I haven’t told my boss as it’s such early days and I have only worked for the company since end of Jan.... I really don’t want to be there.. did you find any information?

Latest posts

Back