Returning clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rachel bell

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Is anyone else having to put offers on to get clients back?. Im finding im way quieter than what i was before lockdown.
Has anyone done offers thats worked out successful?

Rather than discounting treatments I’ve put a ‘limited edition’ treatment of the month for July which is a pedicure, using fruit scented products rather than my usual peppermint and did a mini reflexology massage. I priced it a bit more than my regular pedicure and I’ve actually done quite a few!

Good idea thankyou

We all thought we’d be ‘banged out’ unfortunately the reality is that during the lockdown they have seen how ‘frugal’ they can be & watched way too many ‘How to do your own haircut/facial/pedicure..... YouTube’s!😳
Once they slip out of their regular routine.... it becomes an effort to get back into the swing of things.... especially if they are no longer ‘on show’ in the office - but working from home 🥴
Do not discount - make those treatments sound lush 😘

I’m very much quieter too 😔x

Dead in the water after first fortnight of everyone coming

Dead in the water after first fortnight of everyone coming
Yep me too - first 2 weeks nice and busy, now absolutely dead 😔had to cancel 18 clients last week due to no faces and left with 5 x

I think the media hasn't helped with second wave looming in the background. If we can get to the close contact services on the 15th August up and running, then people are most likely to feel inclined to treat themselves. I found I was so busy reopening but dead this week... I just want to close up and lay in the sun! Next week is crazy busy. I'm hoping those that got their toe toes out are thinking lemme go pop in the salon than trying to do it themselves...meh.

I might do an incentive thank you (vouchers over a certain spend) to each client but i'm pondering on it at the moment, as i usually offer these on my salon anniversary. I thought about mini post lock-down treats using my retail items. like add a pinkie solar oil to each manicure/pedicure (price accordingly)
Book next treatment today and ill give £ off- to ensure income/ pre booked appointments in advance. A mini gift set microplane/ cucumber heel therapy/vinylux as a post lockdown/quarantine routine.
Use the shelf sitters as a incentive to use up a shade thats rarely used....add a nice massage with it.

I really don't want to discount but i'm finding myself torn knowing people don't have that disposable income or want the luxury. Feels like the recession again! (I've had clients tell me they brought shellac online which has disheartened me as I brought loads from the new collection) I'm thinking of introducing this as something to claw back a bit of business/money, just looking at ways to make it sound lush lol Any ideas welcome! xoxo

I really don't want to discount but i'm finding myself torn knowing people don't have that disposable income or want the luxury. Feels like the recession again! (I've had clients tell me they brought shellac online which has disheartened me as I brought loads from the new collection) I'm thinking of introducing this as something to claw back a bit of business/money, just looking at ways to make it sound lush lol Any ideas welcome! xoxo

I refuse to discount my prices, I'm worth every penny, I've not upped my prices to cover PPE or extra time inbetween so have no inclination to lower them, it'll just be harder to put them up again later. I already do little things to set myself apart from the NSS locally like glitters, hand-cream, little hand massage if I'm feeling they would appreciate a pick-me up, so adding extra's is going to cost me even more.

I've had a few chats with friends/clients and from what I take from them is they are just not 'in to it' at the moment, doesn't matter how cheap it may or may not be.

One specifically said 'I've not had a facial, waxing or my nails done for 16 weeks and actually I think I look pretty good so why bother' and I think that is what many are currently thinking and feeling. I think the initial rush was because everyone was feeling like they had missed out, wanted to get out and do something they enjoy, etc. but now it's been done they're happy and not rushing to rebook as other things are becoming important like schools returning, offices opening, localised lockdowns, 2nd wave threats, holidays, etc. so we've become back burner activities.

Even the 3 NSS near me are quiet, that's a sure indication that business is nowhere near back to normal.

I think it will pick up again, but certainly not in the short to medium term, I think we're in for the long haul, how many of us will make it through and survive I don't know and it makes me sad.

There was a report last month that 25% of parents would not return their children to school in September. So it seems that there is a lot of residual fear / anxiety. Plus over 3M self employed received nothing from the government and many others lost out financially. Then we will also see what happens when furlough payment stop, followed by Brexit 01.01.2021.

Hopefully, the NSS with their massive rents will be affected and this will help clean up the market for the real professionals. So hang in their guys. Better times will come.

Latest posts

Back