Reverse application. How many use this technique?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi, i think u might mean the inverted moulds, if you do the nail tech at our salon uses them and they are fantastic! they do cut time and despite the opinion of 'they are just stick on nails', they give the most natural finish and they are the best set ive ever had. i work in northwich, which is where the only supplier is, but they are setting a website up v soon which you can buy them on!

Thx for answering. I don,t mean the molds. What i am talking about is a technique without the use of any mould or extra tool. It,s basically doing your pink first in zone 3 and 2 and sort of shape your smile line with the pink when you push it in place. Then you just put the white straight against it and you have razor sharp smile lines.

Wish i would have seen it live aswell at the g-mex :rolleyes:

No one here that has been doing this technique who wants to put up some info on tips and tricks doing this?

When i tried this technique i also file the smile line that you have formed with your pink with a thin emery-board to get the shape perfect. But this mostley counts for when you do rebalance and you have cutted out the smile with an e-file. For a first set it would mean that you would need to do all the pinks first so that they are hard enough to file extra in shape. That,s the only thing that i can say :lol:

Hi,

I saw the reverse at G-mex yesterday. It looked very good with l/p. I have tried it with gel, but for me, it doesn't work.

C.
Hi Everyone,

I just finished school and took my test and passed :)
I am going to be working from home and going mobile so I have really been thrilled with this thread.

I keep seeing l/p. Could someone please tell me what that is?

Thanks, Nash

Hi Everyone,

I just finished school and took my test and passed :)
I am going to be working from home and going mobile so I have really been thrilled with this thread.

I keep seeing l/p. Could someone please tell me what that is?

Thanks, Nash

Liquid and powder!

C.

heres a step by step with pics Christie's Nails

when you want to change the color of the tip you just take off all of zone 1 its set in in the reverse and just resculpt a new zone 1

I use reverse application now that I do alot of custom blending.

I use reverse application, also I drill out the smile line for French Fills, there's a vid on my website Nail Zoo Video Page
Reverse application also depends on the setup time of your acrylic, it works best with slower setting acrylics.

I watched anthony do the reverse technique at gmex too....and my little sponge brain soaked it all up...and i had a go at home...I LOVE IT !!!!

I have tried before after reading about it, but watching it , it just clicked.
I used this method on My MOJO nails i posted the other day.
And I'm practicing it now...I love it love it love it :green:

I watched anthony do the reverse technique at gmex too....and my little sponge brain soaked it all up...and i had a go at home...I LOVE IT !!!!

:green:

He makes it look sooooooo easy, he's a trooper, a real nail meister.
Reverse technique makes pefect sense (particularly when extending nail beds).

I use reverse application, also I drill out the smile line for French Fills, there's a vid on my website Nail Zoo Video Page
Reverse application also depends on the setup time of your acrylic, it works best with slower setting acrylics.

Great i was just about to post to ask if anyone had a video of it! its much easier to understand after watching that!

Clare Kelly shows perfectly how to do the reverse application - both her and steve dodd were at g-mex showing this and made it look very easy with their incredible skill. The nail art designs they were doing were amazing as well. :green:

I don't get how this works without an efile,in fact i just don't think i get how it works at all :rolleyes:

Thx for all the links! Very very interesting.
I did today a gel custom blend and used the reversed application. It was much easier! I like it a lot!

Clare Kelly :hug: demonstrates the reverse application 2 perfection on the new website that she has recently launched...
Nail Academy Home - Welcome
once perfected smile lines are crisp and smiley as you have more time 2 play around with the pink than you do with the white, you are also not dragging the pink over the white giving mottled miserable effect!! :green:
There is also an imagination nail art section x

Clare Kelly :hug: demonstrates the reverse application 2 perfection on the new website that she has recently launched...
Nail Academy Home - Welcome
once perfected smile lines are crisp and smiley as you have more time 2 play around with the pink than you do with the white, you are also not dragging the pink over the white giving mottled miserable effect!! :green:
There is also an imagination nail art section x

Can this video only be used by members of Clares site?

Young Nails templates/video
=>
This for those of you who haven,t heared or seen the reversed application.
It shows it for gel aswell for acrylic. I am not a big fan of doing this with gel for a first set since i think that it would higher the risk of heat spikes if you build up your gel that thick directly on zone 2 and 2. But i figured for the acrylic application it would go faster since you apply zone 3 and 2 in one ball and basically shape your smile line allong the way when you push it in place. You just place the white against it so you have a sharp smile line.

I haven,t really done it on customers either besides using my e-file to cut out the french after thinning the top part down. I do have a tendency to stick to what i am used to but i think that someone who is really good at this reversed technique could do a rebalance faster. Therefore my curiousity on how many actually put it to practise.

But by the looks of it not that many :green:

What can I add the master at work I have had the priveliged of being in this gents company on a one to one and OMG gob smacked is not the word I am always impressed by his work.

I love revers application perfect for the nail bitter with the frosted french.:hug:

So, can I ask of you ladies that use this technique, how long does it take you to complete a full set using this method??

Approx 45mins to 1hr for a full set or infill/re balance:hug:

Latest posts

Back