Reverse application. How many use this technique?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clare Kelly shows perfectly how to do the reverse application - both her and steve dodd were at g-mex showing this and made it look very easy with their incredible skill. The nail art designs they were doing were amazing as well. :green:

OMG

I was in the sunshine state what did I miss:hug:

:green:i use it and love it. it just feels better. no more problems with c smile, because you have the natural round from youre pink bal. if you press that down good, then the rest is easy peasy. i learned my students it at school and they love it, even when they have to do the old fashion way on the exams.:green:

Hi, i use this reverse technique, its great. i was trained at young nails by steve dodd. before i did this i was terrible at nails could never get good smile lines but this is soooo easy and you always get a crisp smile line

i work using the reverse application all the time its very rare i ont use it, love this way o applicatio works liea treat for me reducs ap time and less filing, lovely neat crisp smie ines but have got that used to using it i also do it on tip and overlay now how lazy but cliets dont sem to mind.

Hi there!

My friend has just done a set of reverse apps on me and they're not that bad!!!
It was her first go and she did very well!!!
The smile lines are a bit wonky and they dip down where the white meets the pink and the tips are too thick but i think with a bit of practice they will be the same quality as her normal app!!

They took a bit longer than the normal app takes and to be honest i wouldnt use this method myself but hey each to their own!!:lol:

i used to use this method on myself - but since i bought a box of popits - im afraid ive become lazy - popits for me now - i use a custom blend for my free edge tho and a clear over the lot - they look so natural - i have to convince myself that they are acrylic :lol:

Looks quite cool , i will have to give it a go ..i can see why it saves you a little time..its just so hard changing your technique when your so used to do a certain way...but i suppose that how ppl get experiece:green:

I use reverse application and I love it but I am not sure where people are getting the idea that it is quicker????? It does take longer but I think the end result looks so much better.

I use reverse application and I love it but I am not sure where people are getting the idea that it is quicker????? It does take longer but I think the end result looks so much better.

It lays no claim to faster or slower (it depends on what you are used to). If you were taught this way, then it's not reverse (everyone else is).

There are quite a few ways of doing nails and nothing is gospel and no one is the god.

We are are striving and learning together, no matter how we were taught, who we were taught by, what product we use , or how many years we have been doing it.

All manufacturers claim to be better than each other, some push/promote more than others, depends what country, what region.

15 years in the industry as a tech counts for very little , if you have been doing crap nails for 15 years.

so does anyone actually use this method on real life clients, just using gel?

It lays no claim to faster or slower (it depends on what you are used to). If you were taught this way, then it's not reverse (everyone else is).

There are quite a few ways of doing nails and nothing is gospel and no one is the god.

We are are striving and learning together, no matter how we were taught, who we were taught by, what product we use , or how many years we have been doing it.

All manufacturers claim to be better than each other, some push/promote more than others, depends what country, what region.

15 years in the industry as a tech counts for very little , if you have been doing crap nails for 15 years.
=>> LOL, you got a point there :lol:

so does anyone actually use this method on real life clients, just using gel?

I use reverse method on my gel clients all the time.

I use reverse method on my gel clients all the time.

Its a while since I read all the posts on this thread but how do you do a reverse method on gels? Apologies if it has already been covered. x x x

Same as you would do using L&P
You do your pink first and place your white against pink ledge that you created ,either using your brush or carving with your e-file.

Same as you would do using L&P
You do your pink first and place your white against pink ledge that you created ,either using your brush or carving with your e-file.

Thanks Lana

I see - I have got so used to my softer Bio gel or a self leveling gel that I just couldnt imagine the pink settling in the right shape without filing the shape out with an e-file - and I dont use an e-file so just couldnt picture it.

Thanks Lana

I see - I have got so used to my softer Bio gel or a self leveling gel that I just couldnt imagine the pink settling in the right shape without filing the shape out with an e-file - and I don't use an e-file so just couldnt picture it.
It is really hard to do a reverse application using self leveling gel.I exclusively use natural gels ,they are semi-self-leveling and I have a full control.

I learnt the old fashion way - three ball method but I prefer reverse app by far.

Hi all,

I rarely post here, but reading a lot :) I just recently began using the reverse method and i love it. I use the traditional method too, but it depends on what the client wants. I think it is great for everyone to master, especcialy when you make a lot of colored/glitter, netting, mylar or inlay designs on the f/e only. You don't have to worry about messing up your smile anymore. You need less product when doing color and glitter and you can cap it easier in clear.

Carl: you are so right! I really like your website and all the videos and information! Great! :green:

where can i get one of these "e-files" from??????
they sound great!
yeah im gonna give the reverse technique a go too,always up for a challenge!:)

where can i get one of these "e-files" from??????
they sound great!
yeah im gonna give the reverse technique a go too,always up for a challenge!:)

try young nails or nsi

both supply and train in electric filing.
dont be tempted to skip the training.

Latest posts

Back