Reverse application. How many use this technique?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The reverse technique is very handy if you're doing a glitter application, coz it helps keep any glitter off the nail bed. Anyone who's done glitter before and tried to keep it only on the tip, knows how hard it can be.:mad: If you do the bed first, then drill out your tip, then there's no way of getting glitter on the nail bed.

It takes practice and usually you need t refine the edges and 'ears' with a hand file, but the finished product is totally worth it!:)

thanks for that really gr8 havnt seen it b4 xx ill try it on my own xx

I use the reverse app, and love it. It is much quicker and produces a razors sharp, dramatic smile line. you end up with minimal fililng also.

My clients wouldn't have anything else!!!!
1. Prep the nail as you would for a rebalance-this is the entire nail--I know I know!! THE ENTIRE NAIL? MAN I JUST WANT TO DO A FILL! HOW AM I GONNA MAKE ANY MONEY DOING THAT?????? using an e-file!!
2. With a #8 size brush get a nice size ball of acrylic.BASICALLY THE SAME AMOUNT AS A ONE BALL METHOD NAIL APPLICATIONN IF YOU DID THE WHITE FIRST.Slow down! Let the ball form a bit into a nice round ball.Place ball above the moon ,FLATTEN THE BALL GENTLY WITH THE BELLY OF THE BRUSH,WETTING THE BALL SO THAT THE TIP OF YOUR BRUSH IS SEALING THE CUTICLE AREA NICE AND THIN AND SMOOTH.GUESS WHAT --IF YOU PRESS THIS DOWN RIGHT YOUR SMILE LINE IS GREAT CUZ IT GOT SQUISHED BACK TOWARD FREE EDGE AND FORMED A CURVE ON THE NAIL
3.WET BRUSH A BIT AND REFINE YOUR SMILE LINE BY JUST MAKING SURE THE EDGE IS WHERE YOU WANT IT AND SYMMETRICAL ON THE NAIL and that the sidewalls aren "clean" so you don't get messy edges on the sides of nail.Do this on all nails.
4.Apply white nor whatever designn or color for the sculpt or tipnof nail-this is great for doing a french with design on tip.
5.E-file the nail and SURPRISE! Now I known this looks messier and you need to get over that because the results are stunning!
Check out the Young Nails website ,Greg has an awesome video how-to on the site!
Good luck and have fun----let the acrylic work for you instead of you working the acrylic!
Happy Trails

Last edited:
i learnt how to do the reverse application when i trained with young nails, but my smiles were not consistent at first (not many people can when they start out)

But about a year later, i started again and a full rewhite/rebalance takes me 1/2 an hour less. 1 hour to do a rebalance whereas before doing it the traditional way used to take me 1 hr 30 mins!

Great result and the white smiles are super crisp! Id really recommend learning it x x x

Latest posts

Back