Reverse application. How many use this technique?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mieke

Reaction score
Hi geekalicious nailtechs,

I was wondering how many of you use the reversed l&p application as seen by young nails? Does it really cut back a lot on time and is it practical to introduce it towards customers?
How many of you cut out the smile line with an e-file when they have a customer up for rebalance?

Thx for taking the time :)

I have never tried it but it appears that those that have seem to love it.

I dont use a drill so i do all infills/re-balances by hand.

i occasionally efile the smile line in. its good when a client wants a change of tip colour but does not need a rebalance. its also great for replacing a broken or chipped tip.

i usually do a general thinning down of the product when rebalacing though, just as you would with a hand file.
i find this a bit more straightforward as it is sometimes difficult to get the tip of the smile on the left filed in when you do the smile line method.

ive only done the reverse app on myself - its easier than the normal way (for me anyway), i love this method. aint ever felt the need to do it on a client tho

Not actually sure what Reverse application is . . . . from the description I would imagine that you do the body of the nail first and then the tip .. . . if that's the case I can't see how it's going to be quicker? Essentially you're still going to have to make that smile, just the other way around. Have I got the wrong end of the stick?

So how much time do you think it saves then, doing the reverse application?

I can imagine if I started doing it this way instead of the usual way, it would take me much longer lol! Probably what you get used to doing . . .

I struggled and struggled with my l&p smiles (I am a gel gal after all), until I tried out this reverse application. It seems to work to me; I now manage to do acceptable french salon nails with l&p..! And I file it all by hand, not using an e-file isn't a problem at all.
Interestingly (?) I work in reverse with gel too, white first then pink.

Am not sure how you would do it!! Do you mean do your smile last? HOW??

Am confused :eek:

xxx

Young Nails templates/video
=>
This for those of you who haven,t heared or seen the reversed application.
It shows it for gel aswell for acrylic. I am not a big fan of doing this with gel for a first set since i think that it would higher the risk of heat spikes if you build up your gel that thick directly on zone 2 and 2. But i figured for the acrylic application it would go faster since you apply zone 3 and 2 in one ball and basically shape your smile line allong the way when you push it in place. You just place the white against it so you have a sharp smile line.

I haven,t really done it on customers either besides using my e-file to cut out the french after thinning the top part down. I do have a tendency to stick to what i am used to but i think that someone who is really good at this reversed technique could do a rebalance faster. Therefore my curiousity on how many actually put it to practise.

But by the looks of it not that many :green:

i might have to give that reverse technique a go! would defo be quicker if you can do it ok. due to do a set of sculpts on my friend in a couple of weeks so she can be my guinea pig! :lol:

I know you can use the specail mould thingie or the back of a tip. i have tired the back of a tip but did not work, any advice - steps pls

I have been using the reverse technique for a couple of years now. It makes the smile line much crisper and cuts down my filing time... especially when I'm using colour for my french. I use an e-file.

I was introduced to this technique 5 years back (before young nails "came" out with it.) I'm a very slow learner so it took me some time to get use to it, at first, I was very frustrated but after awhile, I LOVE it, my smile line is a lot crisper and I can do it quite a bit faster.

so it,s been around for a while ...

I thought when i used my e-file to cut out the french and used my white gel to push it against it, it gave also razor sharp smile lines.
The only thing that i am experiencing is that my smile lines are inconsistent :irked:

I don't do reverse application at the moment, but I am going to find a guinea pig to give it a go, just for curiousity's sake.

When I do a french rebalance I use an e-file, purely to cut out a new smile, it is the only thing I use the e-file for, it's just not necessary for anything else. I know a lot of tech choose not to use the e-file at all and do a great job of their french rebalances without it, but I love the crisp smile line definitioin it gives you.
I always e-file before I begin to buff for the fill, because you can see more easily where to place the smile line when the enhancement's surface is unscratched.

so it,s been around for a while ...

I thought when i used my e-file to cut out the french and used my white gel to push it against it, it gave also razor sharp smile lines.
The only thing that i am experiencing is that my smile lines are inconsistent :irked:

Yes, I used to have that problem too. As I mentioned, I'm a slow learner, so it took me an awfully long time to really "get" it. One thing I really like about it is that I don't get the "pink" on top of the white when I stroke out:eek:. Especially now with custom blending....I always have different color replacing the pink...:lol:

So, can I ask of you ladies that use this technique, how long does it take you to complete a full set using this method??

I was wondering how many of you use the reversed l&p application as seen by young nails? Does it really cut back a lot on time and is it practical to introduce it towards customers?
How many of you cut out the smile line with an e-file when they have a customer up for rebalance?

Hi,

I saw the reverse at G-mex yesterday. It looked very good with l/p. I have tried it with gel, but for me, it doesn't work.

C.

hi, i think u might mean the inverted moulds, if you do the nail tech at our salon uses them and they are fantastic! they do cut time and despite the opinion of 'they are just stick on nails', they give the most natural finish and they are the best set ive ever had. i work in northwich, which is where the only supplier is, but they are setting a website up v soon which you can buy them on!

I also use reverse application because i hate the way the pink interferes with the white at times I find its much quicker and a beautiful finish

Hi,

I saw the reverse at G-mex yesterday. It looked very good with l/p. I have tried it with gel, but for me, it doesn't work.

C.

yeah i saw this too on a number of stands, and ant did this on my nail, i was amazed how quick it was, and the smile line is sooo crisp, would love to learn this
xx

Latest posts

Back