Reverse balayage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AJSinger

Reaction score
Hi, I just need a bit of advice please. I am trained in Wella but recently switched to Montibello and I am happy with the colours they do some beautiful tones.
I am doing a reverse balayage next week which I am fine with, I have done a few before however this client has been bleaching her hair at home throughout lockdown. It looks super white in the photos and I think she might have used 40vol!!!( her girlfriend done the highlights after watching you tube ouch!!) Anyway, it needs blending and she wants a bit of depth back in there. She is quite dark and is happy with a rich brown. I haven't had to go over such platinum (most likely porous) hair before. I was thinking a 5.23 in Montibello as it has the pearl in there she wants to keep along with gold tones so the blonde does not go green
Maybe I will mix a bit of 6 base in there too so It does not go super dark. Can I just have a bit of feedback please as to whether you think that's the right colour to go for ? Thank you so much

I work from home so I don't have salon girls around me to ask advice when I'm not 100%.

:)

Also, her natural base i would say is a 6 (its been a long time since I have seen her in the flesh)
The blonde she has is definitely a level 10

Also, her natural base i would say is a 6 (its been a long time since I have seen her in the flesh)
The blonde she has is definitely a level 10
Blue and gold make green....
Think about how many levels you're dropping, and how many tones have been removed on the way up. You'll need to replace all that tone.
I'm not familiar with montibelo shades. But the equivalent of wella 5/7 or 5/73 would be ideal if you want a natural result. Especially as you're not able to pre pig. So you need to Include warmth in your colour.

Thats cool that makes perfect sense. I was just thinking about the gold tone to ensure I didn't get any greem and didn't think about what that would do if Ithen used the pearl tone too . Thank you ill see what there is in montibello. And if not ill just go with the wella

Latest posts

Back