Reverse method

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shazapoppy

Reaction score
Hi All

Can anyone give me a few tips on the reverse method, Ive been using NSI and although love it, have got a sample of Young Nails and I am really impressed.(im stuggling with smile lines and fine looking L&P )

I have been watching Greg Salo who is just amazing but to break it down could someone advise me on how they do a complete set without sculpting ie:-

1) do you do the body bead on all ten fingers then go back and butt up the white/glitter. (I noticed when doing one nail even though I wiped my brush after applying the white when I dipped my brush in the liquid it did go cloudy.

2) I noticed Greg double primes with - is it protein bond is that a rule of thumb.

I am thinking of doing a conversion course with YN but wanted to try few sets on myself /nail trainor before I committ/ part with more money lol.

Thanks

Protein bond is applied twice for problem lifters. If your monomer goes cloudy, it's probably best to apply all the pinks first. He does only one finger cuz its just a simple tutorial. But what did you mean in your question about p&w without sculpting?

Protein bond is applied twice for problem lifters. If your monomer goes cloudy, it's probably best to apply all the pinks first. He does only one finger cuz its just a simple tutorial. But what did you mean in your question about p&w without sculpting?
Hi Chickafish

Thanks for replying I was reading through reverse app threads last night and came across alot of your really helpfull posts.

I just mean I am using tips at the moment as apposed to forms - I do want to learn sculpting but want to get the feel of the YN acrylic and how it applies, is it posible to use this method sucessfully on tips in the mean time??:biggrin: ( to be honest Im really quite excited about Young Nails - is that sad ... lol)

Hey hun, I'm young nails trained, you apply the pink first to all nails then apply ur tips or form and apply the white, to make a good smile line before you apply ur white file the smile line with a hand file, until you get used to using the product.... Protein bond is applied twice for problem lifters and put under a uv light.... Hope this helps xx

Hi Chickafish

Thanks for replying I was reading through reverse app threads last night and came across alot of your really helpfull posts.

I just mean I am using tips at the moment as apposed to forms - I do want to learn sculpting but want to get the feel of the YN acrylic and how it applies, is it posible to use this method sucessfully on tips in the mean time??:biggrin: ( to be honest Im really quite excited about Young Nails - is that sad ... lol)

Oh my gosh no, they are an amazing company!! Greg is my idol, yes u can use tips but they teach you not to use white tips but clear/ natural and use pink n whites xxxx

Yes, Shazapoppy, you can apply p&w on tips. It works fine for normal-long nail beds/plates, but I find sculpting is best for nail biters cuz they have a smaller nail plate to work with, and tips would take up majority of their nail, leaving very little room for actual product. If you're curious about YN l&p, they have trial packs for you to sample (enough for only a few sets just do you get the feel of the products). I'm glad you found my past posts helpful. Sometimes I worry if I make any sense at all as ive never been any good at writing. :lol: Good luck on your YN training! I hope you enjoy it as much as all us YN lovers did! xx

Oh my gosh no, they are an amazing company!! Greg is my idol, yes u can use tips but they teach you not to use white tips but clear/ natural and use pink n whites xxxx
Hey Sarah

Thats what I want to do just use natural tips, ( until I try scultping) did you train originally with YN, Im just wondering how easy it will be to retrain to the reverse method after 6 months of trying to master the 3 bead method, also do you find it quicker with the reverse method, sorry about all the questions it just seems like a light has been turned on.

I also like the idea of filing your smile line before you put on your white to get a better shape, I bet its easier to put a set of pink and whites on yourself that way.. xx

Yes, Shazapoppy, you can apply p&w on tips. It works fine for normal-long nail beds/plates, but I find sculpting is best for nail biters cuz they have a smaller nail plate to work with, and tips would take up majority of their nail, leaving very little room for actual product. If you're curious about YN l&p, they have trial packs for you to sample (enough for only a few sets just do you get the feel of the products). I'm glad you found my past posts helpful. Sometimes I worry if I make any sense at all as ive never been any good at writing. :lol: Good luck on your YN training! I hope you enjoy it as much as all us YN lovers did! xx

Amen chickafish xx

I haven't used the other method as I find it's very hard!!! It's not quicker at first but when u get the feel for it it's brill! Your smile lines will be smoking as Greg would say!!! You do have a lot of filing at first but with a efile it's great!! I do my nails all the time and not to blow my own trumpet their fab xxxx

Also you will find its easier using reverse method, ull wounder y u didn't do it before xxx

Hey Sarah

Thats what I want to do just use natural tips, ( until I try scultping) did you train originally with YN, Im just wondering how easy it will be to retrain to the reverse method after 6 months of trying to master the 3 bead method, also do you find it quicker with the reverse method, sorry about all the questions it just seems like a light has been turned on.

I also like the idea of filing your smile line before you put on your white to get a better shape, I bet its easier to put a set of pink and whites on yourself that way.. xx

You'll be the judge for yourself once you train. Some people don't get on with the reverse method cuz they're used to the normal method and never really had a problem with it. I was always taught using 1-bead method so it wasn't that hard for me, and an awful lot easier/quicker than the normal method. But do the training first and judge for yourself which is best for you, keeping in mind it's more important to turn out a lasting set than a faster set. Speed isn't something to worry too much about cuz you do get quicker with time :)

I need to change something chickafish the method Im using is just not working for me, I had my first nail biter in yesterday (I swear she had the tinniest nails id ever seen) and the nails turned out just ok - when I watched what Greg produced on a nail-biter I was gutted.
I got the trial pack and tried it last night thats why Im so excited about it, although they were far from perfect i couldnt beleive how much time I had to work with the white and how crisp the smile lines where.
I think Im definately going to do the conversion.:biggrin:

With regards to nail biters, you can get some tips that have extremely shallow wells for this, which I now have.

I haven't used the other method as I find it's very hard!!! It's not quicker at first but when u get the feel for it it's brill! Your smile lines will be smoking as Greg would say!!! You do have a lot of filing at first but with a efile it's great!! I do my nails all the time and not to blow my own trumpet their fab xxxx

It was the E-file that led me to Young Nails, I went down to purchase my efile from them and organise training ( id had enough of hand filing on rebalances), and thought as Im here I,ll have a wee look at the products.

Your are right Chickafish it is the quality of the nails that matter not speed and just the thought of being able to produce nice crisp smile lines on nails that I am happy with, with L & p,s I can safely say I am not even 50% happy with them.

I think I need a fresh start..:biggrin:

With regards to nail biters, you can get some tips that have extremely shallow wells for this, which I now have.

Yes that's definitely another option. I think it's just a preference thing when it comes to whether to sculpt or tip. I found that out on a poll on here. :)

Good luck hun, like chickafish said its finding what works for you xx

I use no well extreme smile line tips and custom blend my powder for the client if they want it.
I love the reverse method. I like my smile lines better than the ones the cutters make. (well, I do NOW) LOL. it wasn't always that way.
Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

Oh the pure delight/ excitement, I have just done a set of French using young nails l& p and the reverse method on myself and am over the moon, they are far from perfect but omg what a difference.. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1337717410.497775.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1337717449.061003.jpg
You won't appreciate the improvement to I post a previous effort....ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1337717646.254697.jpg

Last edited:
I meant to add, the YN l & p is so nice to file, it files really easily and is so smooth, I thought NSI was fab but this stuff is just amazing- please lord don't let mine be a fluky one off.. 😌

Hi Chickafish

HAHAH I AM EXCITED ABOUT YOUNG NAILS TOO! IVE NOT LONG GOT THEIR ACRYLIC AND CANT WAIT TO HAVE A WEE TRY AT IT!:biggrin: XXX

Latest posts

Back