Reviews on Matrix colour?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aimeelouise93

Reaction score
Does anyone use matrix colour? I'm going self employed in the next few months and I am in the process of building up stock. Have bed head products for styling and finishing. We are currently using Alfaparf in the salon and I cannot wait to not be using it,no coverage, very little shine etc.

What's everyone's feedback on matrix? I've seen it in Sally's and seems reasonably priced, how well does it cover and is it a nice product to use?

All help much appreciated [emoji3]

Matrix is fantastic im a matrix salon. Does exactly what it supposed to. It works on a letter system. Every number which is followed by a capital letter already has base in so no need to add base for up to 50 percent white eg 8N . Matrix 11 range is the equivalent to wellas 12 range then matrix do UL which can lift upto 5 shades. Also no heat is allowed with matrix. Hope this helps [emoji2] x

Which colour range are you using? I've seen colour sync? So colour and so colour beauty? What is their permanent range?

Do you it direct from a rep? Or is there anywhere online? I'm renting a chair within a salon and from what I read it's hard to get a rep unless it's the whole salon using the range [emoji17]

So colour beauty is the permanent range. Cover sync is the tone on tone which work fab together. Eg if I was doing a root touch up of a 5N for instance I would use so colour for roots then if faded on ends I don't want to add any more base so would refresh ends with colour sync so just adding tone . Leaves in amazing condition and shiny . I'm lucky I have a matrix wholesaler and rep near me but I also buy from colour saver online . Matrix color graphics is fab too x

Matrix is fantastic :) you can mix any of the 500 extra coverage series with any of the naturals to create any colour you like and still get good grey coverage! So colour is the permanent range :)

I had a look at colour savers online I think Sally's works out better value for me on VAT free day! Oh it sounds fab, excited to try it out! Trying to find a shade chart to purchase at the min.

Colour graphics is that like a gloss for the hair? [emoji3]

I had a look at colour savers online I think Sally's works out better value for me on VAT free day! Oh it sounds fab, excited to try it out! Trying to find a shade chart to purchase at the min.

Colour graphics is that like a gloss for the hair? [emoji3]
Colour graphics is a bleach but with 4 tubes to add tone eg add blue for cool tones. Lifts 1-6 shades .Don't look like bleach and can apply heat . 10mins with heat and it's done so fashion slices ect can be done as a quick service x

I'm going to end up buying the whole range [emoji23][emoji87]

That's what I did love it [emoji7][emoji7]

How did you contact your rep? I think I'll need a rep to get a shade chart etc, not one anywhere online [emoji31]

Where do you live. Rendezvous have branch Nottingham , Mansfield and Lincoln not sure anywhere else. Contact matrix direct sure they will send one x

Matrix is an amazing brand for colours, training, coverage, cost and just a really great brand to be part of i love it!!! Go with matrix you won't be disappointed x

I'm in Northern Ireland [emoji17] I'll go have a look for an email it a number to get one from matrix [emoji3]

Good luck with your colour chart... I ordered one 2 months ago and still waiting. They have been out of stock but last I heard it should be here next week !
I love them but they are expensive here ( Australia) $15-17 a tube

Oh really! What a nightmare, I've sent an email but doesn't sound promising, if that's the wait, I'll just have to stock up and experiment until I have the shade chart. [emoji87]

If you have trouble ring my branch in Lincoln 01522500000 they may send one with postage cost added x

Oh fab! I'll give them a ring, don't mind paying postage, was vat free today so I've picked up a few tubes of naturals to get me started. So excited love trying new things [emoji87][emoji5]️

The only downside with matrix is Socolour doesn't have the nicest smell :( and there colours look really dark when wet had a few clients feel really dark when you've brought them over from the basin then they love it when it's been blown out!

Would they be true to shade chart? Would there 6 be similar to other companies 6? Or would those that normally have a 6 be better with a 7?

Completely agree with Joe but in my option other leading brands are not true to colour . I think matrix are . Just remember the capital letters mean they already have base in so don't add any unles over 50 percent grey x

Latest posts

Back