RF Radiofrequency device recommendations

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cali-dude

Reaction score
Hi geeks!,

Currently searching for a good RF device to offer for facial treatments (possibly for body in the future). Are any of you using RF in your treatments, and if so do you like your device or would recommend it? I'm doing my initial outlay so trying to establish costs so any help would be much appreciated!

P.S. I am open to more affordable models and potentially more expensive models if they could have a payment plan.

I’ve got a RF machine. It’s a combination unit with ultrasound cavitation and led. I’m sure the price has lowered but when I was investigating you needed to invest a minimum of £6k.

I would just say from personal experience that you need to be very careful with buying equipment. Your clients will expect you to have something but you need to divide your investment by your planned treatment cost and work out how many treatments you need to do to break even. I like to break even in 6 months on my investment costs and this is perfectly achievable with a manual facial. With a machine it’s a struggle to cover in 2 years or the warranty period. I bought a reconditioned machine as my first investment with a 3 month warranty and of course it developed a small fault just outside the warranty period and the fault wasn’t repairable. I struggled on and eventually earned my money back only for it to give up the ghost just as I’d established a market base. I reviewed my sales and realised that I had rarely successfully cross or upsold clients who bought courses with this machine.

Now I know lots of salons who buy additional machines because they sell so many treatments so I’m not saying it’s impossible, just that their experience isn’t typical.

Clients love novelty and some will shop around different salons trying everything. It’s hard to build up regulars which are essential if you’re spending as much on a machine as a good part-time receptionist or a past-time junior. Investing in people will often generate more additional revenue than a machine can earn you.

just ask yourself what you would think if your dentist greeted you at the door, took your coat, checked you in and rebooked you. Would you think s/he was working efficiently? High ticket investments are not essential in the beginning for a one man band IMHO

Your comment certainly touches on a few points that I need to consider. I noticed many of the "solid" RF machines, without the ability to work on the body start at £2.5k and get snazzier/more expensive quite quickly. As I am looking to offer more of a bespoke electrical and advanced facial (as opposed to offering stand alone RF) I have settled on a device that has RF and electroporation. It's for face only but I believe that would suit me more, I would struggle to think many regulars would want RF body treatments by me and those that did would probably be more "Clients love novelty and some will shop around.." types.

The device with VAT is £1,450.00, certainly not to be snuffed at as it will be the second most expensive piece of kit, but I believe with RF and even the electroporation I could really offer some effective treatments without paying 6k+ for some of the snazzier models that offer body treatment settings.

I plan on not spending much more on kit/upgrading until the time is needed, being cautious to buy from reputable suppliers with warranties, trustpilot reviews and customer support teams. I hate the fact that you found issues when out of warranty and I can't imagine how frustrating that must have been! The only reconditioned/used items I would buy would be more like hot cabis, electric mitts/boots, oil heater, hot stone heater. Things that would be a bugger if they broke but wouldn't need to re-morgage the house to replace.

I'm sitting down with my father-in-law for some advise as he is much more involved in the figures and numbers. I think at present I want to break my initial outlay/investment costs over the first 3-5 years to pay myself back this initial cost.... just waiting for the very dreaded remodeling cost! Wish me luck!
X

Your comment certainly touches on a few points that I need to consider. I noticed many of the "solid" RF machines, without the ability to work on the body start at £2.5k and get snazzier/more expensive quite quickly. As I am looking to offer more of a bespoke electrical and advanced facial (as opposed to offering stand alone RF) I have settled on a device that has RF and electroporation. It's for face only but I believe that would suit me more, I would struggle to think many regulars would want RF body treatments by me and those that did would probably be more "Clients love novelty and some will shop around.." types.

The device with VAT is £1,450.00, certainly not to be snuffed at as it will be the second most expensive piece of kit, but I believe with RF and even the electroporation I could really offer some effective treatments without paying 6k+ for some of the snazzier models that offer body treatment settings.

I plan on not spending much more on kit/upgrading until the time is needed, being cautious to buy from reputable suppliers with warranties, trustpilot reviews and customer support teams. I hate the fact that you found issues when out of warranty and I can't imagine how frustrating that must have been! The only reconditioned/used items I would buy would be more like hot cabis, electric mitts/boots, oil heater, hot stone heater. Things that would be a bugger if they broke but wouldn't need to re-morgage the house to replace.

I'm sitting down with my father-in-law for some advise as he is much more involved in the figures and numbers. I think at present I want to break my initial outlay/investment costs over the first 3-5 years to pay myself back this initial cost.... just waiting for the very dreaded remodeling cost! Wish me luck!
X
Hi I would be interested in knowing the brand of the machine you have purchased please so so could look at it myself ..good luck with your purchase I’m sure you will make it work.

Hi I would be interested in knowing the brand of the machine you have purchased please so so could look at it myself ..good luck with your purchase I’m sure you will make it work.

Heya! Its the Dual Inject pro+ from 4tmedical :)

Heya! Its the Dual Inject pro+ from 4tmedical :)
It's great as it offer the mesotherapy AND radio frequency. I think it's going to be a superior alternative to older modalities like micro current and galvanic. I'll be using this device to replace both of those modalities!

Hey!

did you decide to go for the dual injector pro? I’ve been considering it.

thank you!

Hey!

did you decide to go for the dual injector pro? I’ve been considering it.

thank you!

Hello, I've yet to purchase as it will be needed when I start trading/providing services again. This isn't until late winter/spring. Out of due diligence I have `double and triple checked that I'd be happy with my choice and at present I still feel very satisfied in this option. I will have two treatment rooms so if I feel the need to offer RF for body treatment, I would keep the duo injector pro and simply buy a bigger machine that offer body and face - just quite pricey to make that investment now. Hope that answers your question.

Hello, I've yet to purchase as it will be needed when I start trading/providing services again. This isn't until late winter/spring. Out of due diligence I have `double and triple checked that I'd be happy with my choice and at present I still feel very satisfied in this option. I will have two treatment rooms so if I feel the need to offer RF for body treatment, I would keep the duo injector pro and simply buy a bigger machine that offer body and face - just quite pricey to make that investment now. Hope that answers your question.
Hiya did you go for the dual injector pro? If so what do u think of it I'm looking into at the min & turn between this & the thermavisage any feedback be much appreciated xx

Hiya did you go for the dual injector pro? If so what do u think of it I'm looking into at the min & turn between this & the thermavisage any feedback be much appreciated xx

I have had the training with the device but have yet to purchase as we are still in the renovation stage so not trading as of yet.

I have to say that I love the device. I would say if there are any critiques it is that the dial to switch to the electroporation setting is a bit loud, however there may be a way of adjusting the button sounds which hasn't been explored yet in all fairness.

Also, I think it would be nice if the tech had sensitive thermometers to detect the heat that is being achieved in the skin to indicate with the right temperature has been met - or if it's overworked and has overheated the skin. For this it's advised to simply keep the wand in motion to not overheat any specific area. I think the more semi-invasive RF + micro needling devices (that are incredibly expensive) do have very sensitive equipment that measure the heat that's produced, maybe making them more markedly efficacious.

Overall, I'm looking forward to implementing this into many of our protocols where indicated.

I have no experience with the thermavisage so I cannot speak much to how easy or effective it is to work with.

At a glance it appears at a much higher price point, which in all fairness is probably correct as it can treat the body, allowing you to expand your treatment menu and pursue a market that desires cellulite treatments. This isn't something I'm pursuing so it's less relevant.

The listing on Aston & Fincher says that the device also offers vacuum and chromotherapy. I don't follow or feel impulsed towards the latter of the two so that also is irrelevant to me and my offerings.

I have had the training with the device but have yet to purchase as we are still in the renovation stage so not trading as of yet.

I have to say that I love the device. I would say if there are any critiques it is that the dial to switch to the electroporation setting is a bit loud, however there may be a way of adjusting the button sounds which hasn't been explored yet in all fairness.

Also, I think it would be nice if the tech had sensitive thermometers to detect the heat that is being achieved in the skin to indicate with the right temperature has been met - or if it's overworked and has overheated the skin. For this it's advised to simply keep the wand in motion to not overheat any specific area. I think the more semi-invasive RF + micro needling devices (that are incredibly expensive) do have very sensitive equipment that measure the heat that's produced, maybe making them more markedly efficacious.

Overall, I'm looking forward to implementing this into many of our protocols where indicated.

I have no experience with the thermavisage so I cannot speak much to how easy or effective it is to work with.

At a glance it appears at a much higher price point, which in all fairness is probably correct as it can treat the body, allowing you to expand your treatment menu and pursue a market that desires cellulite treatments. This isn't something I'm pursuing so it's less relevant.

The listing on Aston & Fincher says that the device also offers vacuum and chromotherapy. I don't follow or feel impulsed towards the latter of the two so that also is irrelevant to me and my offerings.
Thank you so much for getting back to with such a detailed response
I think I'm going to have to go try out both machines when we open back up ,the price point here in ireland as you need to get a package with clinicare theres not much in the difference between the machines but carlton offer finance ,like yourself I've no interest in the body part only face
Best of luck with it all when you open up and thanks again for taking the time to respond xx

Thank you so much for getting back to with such a detailed response
I think I'm going to have to go try out both machines when we open back up ,the price point here in ireland as you need to get a package with clinicare theres not much in the difference between the machines but carlton offer finance ,like yourself I've no interest in the body part only face
Best of luck with it all when you open up and thanks again for taking the time to respond xx

You would require a package in order to take on the device in Ireland? That's such a shame, they allow us to buy just the device if we wish here in England.

4tMedical have been nothing short of a dream to deal with (besides a bit of a full on Sales rep). They have loads of designated trainers around the country that are associated with them.

Funnily enough, when I first approached them they had a trainer in my town who trained with the Dual Injector Pro. I'm sure if you wanted to just see the device in the flesh, they would probably arrange a time with one of the trainers to see it in person.

The only thing I should comment on is that at a glance the Thermavisage is almost £3,950 more (with VAT), so quite a big price difference, for me at least. Certainly if you won't be pursuing body treatments.

Anyhow, thank you for acknowledging my message. I find it so funny how so many people on here will ask a question, get an answer and simply not acknowledge it with a "like" or even a response...so weird.

Best of luck! X

You would require a package in order to take on the device in Ireland? That's such a shame, they allow us to buy just the device if we wish here in England.

4tMedical have been nothing short of a dream to deal with (besides a bit of a full on Sales rep). They have loads of designated trainers around the country that are associated with them.

Funnily enough, when I first approached them they had a trainer in my town who trained with the Dual Injector Pro. I'm sure if you wanted to just see the device in the flesh, they would probably arrange a time with one of the trainers to see it in person.

The only thing I should comment on is that at a glance the Thermavisage is almost £3,950 more (with VAT), so quite a big price difference, for me at least. Certainly if you won't be pursuing body treatments.

Anyhow, thank you for acknowledging my message. I find it so funny how so many people on here will ask a question, get an answer and simply not acknowledge it with a "like" or even a response...so weird.

Best of luck! X
Yes it's a package here so around the 3500 as well so its expensive, I've jumped into spending big money before buying the dermatude meta therapy & didnt really get good returns on it which was my own fault for not researching it enough I was just going off their before & after pictures etc so I dont want to make the same mistake again
I'm sure if I get back in touch with clincare they will be happy to show me the machine in action I just attended a webinar when they were promoting it during lockdown
I do caci at the min & just want something to work in conjunction with it
Thanks again for your help xx

Yes it's a package here so around the 3500 as well so its expensive, I've jumped into spending big money before buying the dermatude meta therapy & didnt really get good returns on it which was my own fault for not researching it enough I was just going off their before & after pictures etc so I dont want to make the same mistake again
I'm sure if I get back in touch with clincare they will be happy to show me the machine in action I just attended a webinar when they were promoting it during lockdown
I do caci at the min & just want something to work in conjunction with it
Thanks again for your help xx

Goodness, that is definitely a price point that would need a lot of consideration. I can see how the Carlton device with financing is a more attractive offering.

I imagine many clients who love Caci could appreciate RF, certainly it has a lot of buzz around it at the moment (thank you Judy Murray!). I love the idea of designing a real collagen re-modeling treatment, enzyme/light peel, RF, micro needling, LED therapy.

I have to say, with Caci and the Dermatude, it sounds like you have some really special hi-tech offerings. I think everyone wants to boost their appeal and up their value, but don't feel pressurised to commit to a device for the sake of keeping up with the jones. I'm sure your treatments are just as fantastic as they were a year ago!

Hopefully 4tmedical in Ireland can offer a more cost attractive package! It's always worth an ask!

Best

Goodness, that is definitely a price point that would need a lot of consideration. I can see how the Carlton device with financing is a more attractive offering.

I imagine many clients who love Caci could appreciate RF, certainly it has a lot of buzz around it at the moment (thank you Judy Murray!). I love the idea of designing a real collagen re-modeling treatment, enzyme/light peel, RF, micro needling, LED therapy.

I have to say, with Caci and the Dermatude, it sounds like you have some really special hi-tech offerings. I think everyone wants to boost their appeal and up their value, but don't feel pressurised to commit to a device for the sake of keeping up with the jones. I'm sure your treatments are just as fantastic as they were a year ago!

Hopefully 4tmedical in Ireland can offer a more cost attractive package! It's always worth an ask!

Best
I know there is always a new buzz treatment out its trying to find the right one & the right price! I always try to get something that I would be happy to use on myself!🙂 hopefully I'll get sorted soon 🤞
Thanks again for all your advice really appreciate it x

Latest posts

Back