Rhinestone French - which method

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VHunter

Reaction score
I have a client that wants a Rhinestone French for the Christmas season.
The ENTIRE free-edge in Rhinestones.
I'm trying to figure out exactly how I want to do it, for the best longevity.

1) standard rebalance, set rhinestones in uv gloss (I worry about this... as on the rare occasion, one pops)

2) reverse french with coverage pink, file BEFORE applying free edge (so that I don't have to worry about filing around stones). Then using soak-off gel, set rhinestons in gel at free edge.

These are two ideas in my head.

What are your thoughts folks? How to proceed to get them to last the longest and not pop off BUT still not cover them with a layer or gloss or gel, and reduce their shine.

I did it once years ago, with cheapo acrylic stones that i covered with gel and filed. It was still pretty cool to look at but they lost their sparkle.

Thanks in advance.

bump

Any ideas ladies and gents?

Sounds great, I'd go for your number 2 :biggrin:

No.2 sounds a great idea, might try that way myself ;)
Let us know how you get on with this xx

Will do.
THANKS!!

Please take a pic once you're done. I'd love to see it.

And steal the idea. :wink2:

How would i go about setting Rhinestones in Gelicure gel polish? Help needed please! And which are the best Rhinestones to keep that sparkle?

Leighton Denny did it first with REAL diamonds
celebrities of wallpapers: 2010-10-31

and
World's most expensive manicures. Check them out ladies - The Official Website of Nate Boogie

That reads:
Price : $32,000

Next amazing and luxurious manicure service that you can go for is Leighton Denny owner of Day Spa that offers various precious stones nail embellishments in diamonds, sapphire and ruby as well. On the 5th floor of Harrods in London this glittering spa is situated and offers some amazing services. The manicure is only done with prior appointments.

Screen-shot-2010-10-18-at-22.57.34.png

I did it a couple of years ago with Acrylic rhinestones set in UV Gel that wound up being filed a bit (can't find pic at the moment) and still looked pretty, but lost most of the sparkle as they were also incased IN the gel, and not just embedded.

I want to step up my game this time around:wink2:

Jesus! That is one pricey manicure! So on gel polish, which stage would i put Rhinestones on? And would the gel top coat sit around the stones, not over?

How would i go about setting Rhinestones in Gelicure gel polish? Help needed please! And which are the best Rhinestones to keep that sparkle?

I'm not familiar with Gelicure, so can't rightly say as I don't know how 'firm' a base it would provide.
With a Rhinestone french, you would need a VERY strong base, or when the nail bends, you'll lose rhinestones. So if gelicure is remotely similar to Shellac.... I'm not sure I'd try it.

The BEST sparkle is Swarovski hands down.
BUT Preciosa stones are also pretty darned close and much more budget friendly.

hth's

I wouldn't be covering the whole tip, maybe just one or two further up on the nail bed. Gelicure is rather firm on the nail when cured. And thanks for the Rhinestone tips, are there any good websites for them i should know about? Thanks

Leighton Denny did it first with REAL diamonds
celebrities of wallpapers: 2010-10-31

and
World's most expensive manicures. Check them out ladies - The Official Website of Nate Boogie

That reads:

Screen-shot-2010-10-18-at-22.57.34.png

I did it a couple of years ago with Acrylic rhinestones set in UV Gel that wound up being filed a bit (can't find pic at the moment) and still looked pretty, but lost most of the sparkle as they were also incased IN the gel, and not just embedded.

I want to step up my game this time around:wink2:

Im so glad you have posted that picture , Ive actually seen it on someone's facebook page (no-one from here but an unqualified £5 per set messer from near me)she was passing it off as her own work 'crystal tips' lol Now I know the truth !

Im so glad you have posted that picture , Ive actually seen it on someone's facebook page (no-one from here but an unqualified £5 per set messer from near me)she was passing it off as her own work 'crystal tips' lol Now I know the truth !

Oh my lord. Maybe if she put a few more zeros on the 5 quid she might be able to do something to that standard. I wouldn't dare use a photo and say it was my own work!

Oh my lord. Maybe if she put a few more zeros on the 5 quid she might be able to do something to that standard. I wouldn't dare use a photo and say it was my own work!

I know lol ! I've seen it quite alot on facebook people passing off things as their own work , and i think if anyone takes up the £5 crystal tips based on that picture they will be very annoyed with the result .

Makes you wonder how these people make any profit!!

Im guessing they are buying thee cheapest of the cheap on ebay :(

This happens ALLLLLLLLLLLL the time!! This is why I encourage water-marking ACROSS your work.
Prospective clients only need a 'rough idea' of what you can do.
If they want the full picture, they can get their own set.

On the www.kijiji.ca site that's online classifieds, go search using the following terms:
Acrylic
Uv Gel
Shellac
Ongles Resine
Acrylique
Resine Tissee

and watch what pictures come up on their adverts.
I GUARANTEE you'll recognize half of the pictures used and I also GUARANTEE that those techs did NOT do those nails.
They are pics from TEch's personal sites, from Nails mag site, Nailpro site etc.

I see it constantly.
We had a butthead on FB adding techs, stealing their pics for his profile.
He's right here in Montreal.
An NSS.

Then 6mths later, plagiarized my add on Kijiji classified.
I busted him for it.
He stole my add word for word, format, paragraphs, etc. A direct copy & paste, images....
Kijiji admin's shut him down.

WATERMARK .... DO IT!

I might just be being thick, but how do you watermark?

it depends on what Photo editing softwares you have available to you.
Sorry, can't readily answer without knowing.

ALTHOUGH Ruth has an online page that will watermark for you.
I just can't remember the link.
Also, have a 'search' on these forums, I'm SURE there's a few threads on this subject with tutorials included :)

Latest posts

Back