rhinestone prices?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PenelopePitstop

Reaction score
hey,

would someone be able to give me any advice for how to charge clients for rhinestones? should it be charged per stone, per finger or is there a better way of charging for this?!

i'm really not sure what to charge?

any ideas anyone?

Pen xxx

Personally I'd work the rhinestone into the price for the nail art design, although I guess that wouldn't work if you're not putting a stone on every nail, or if you're just putting stones on a plain or french polish....

It maybe depends how much you're paying for the stones in the first place as to how you can afford to charge - if you can do an overall cost for the whole hand or if you need to charge per stone because you're paying a lot for them in the first place.

Sorry, not much help, am I??
Lol x

thanks for the reply, it's a tricky one isn't it!!

i don't really do nail art, i was thinking more of the odd gem on french polish like you said, i got some gems at excel and they weren't very expensive.
i just don't know how to go about it.

i really don't know...don't want to rip my clients off but also don't want to undercharge!

Pen xxx

Hi

We charge per gem. 50p per gem.

I charge 50p per gem too - when I buy spangles gems, i think they cost around 30p each - so it's not much of a mark-up, but i wouldn't dare charge any more!
I do know salons / techs that charge £1/gem though!
Most people only have 2-3 on a couple of fingers, so they're usually happy to pay another few quid on top of their rebalance price!

I would add this cost on top of nail art as well.

Laura x

hi

I think thats expensive laura i get mine from nail creations or millenium and they are only about 5p each.

Not sure of the conversion of money (I'm in the US)

however I charge 50 cents each gem..

The larger, varied kinds (teardrops, diamond-shaped,etc) I charge $1 each.

The cost covers not only the amount we paid for the gems, but the application as well- including adhesive (I use it for best retention).

Hope this helps!!

laurawade said:
I charge 50p per gem too - when I buy spangles gems, i think they cost around 30p each - so it's not much of a mark-up, but i wouldn't dare charge any more!
That does seem expensive to buy - creativenailplace.com to 50 rhinestones for £2.20 inc VAT, which is 4.4p each.
If I remember my trip to Sally's correctly, Spangles gems are a lot - it was something like £12 for a pot that would have only been 50-100 gems in it. They might have been a bit larger than the creativenailplaces, but still!

Creative nail place stock 34 different colours and can be bought in 50, 100, or 150. I'm not associated with them at all, they just seem like a better deal than Spangles ones. They have some really nice delicate colours that would work on a french, too.

My problem would probably be that I'm scared to mark up by too much. My inner cheapskate always says 'pah! I wouldn't pay that much for that!' so I never dare charge too much.

Hi

We are just opening a salon in Harrogate, north yorkshire and charge 30p per gem

wow...thanks!

That's a lot cheaper (if i'm right in remembering how much the spangles ones cost?!?)
I managed to get a wheel (whadya call 'em, y'know the spinny thing to put all your sparklies in...carousel maybe???) from Hollywood Nails at Excel - £10 for MILLIONS! - still think they might be more expensive that the ones you both mentioned though - i wil check out millenium, creative nail place and nail creations when i next run out though!

Thanks x

I charge 20 cent per Swarovski rhinestone, but there are a lot of places here in Dublin that charge 1 Euro per rhinestone - talk about greedy, especially considering how little they cost.

I sell round rhinestones on my website www.LibertyNailDesign.com

Bags of 50 for £2.40
Bags of 150 for £5.60

P&P for rhinestones is FREE worldwide.

I have all sorts of shapes and colours, and within the next couple of weeks will be adding more stock, this time from a different supplier, so depending on what Customs skin me more when they arrive, I should be able to drop the prices a little more.

I'm also offering all GEEKS 10% discount on all rhinestone orders. :D

hi, i bought a pot of 350 gems from hairways for about £9 inc vat, i charge 20p each for them (£1 per hand for one on each finger) i still feel like im overcharging! however, i have also seen people charging £1 each for them, and you need to consider your time in applying them, petrol and time buying them etc etc. business is business as carole likes to say! lol

Little Angel said:
hi

I think thats expensive laura i get mine from nail creations or millenium and they are only about 5p each.
the millennium ones are inexpensive, i have quite a few of them.but the ones they sell are not true swarovski crystal, and when you see both sorts side by side there is a real difference in the bling factor.

Hiya

Does anyone know if Millennium have a website, if so could you let me know the address.

Cheers

Miami x

Hi

The website is in the industry links, click on site stuff and there you go! The prices quoted on the web site are for the public though if you registar as trade they will send you a catalogue with all the correct prices in.
happy shopping!

HI

I tried to get into Millennium Nails via Industry Links but is is telling me "Bad Gateway". Any ideas?

Miami x

Latest posts

Back