rhinestones on fingers nails????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sj1973

Reaction score
hi all....i know its been talked about on toes but how does everyone keep there rhinestones on finger nails?????....i do my l&p buff then apply top coat , rhinestone...then top coat.....by the time my hands have been in the oven gloves for tea time there off!!!...any ideas advice would be sooooo helpfull...thanks geeks xxxxxx:hug:

I tend to stick mine on with a little bit of resin before I do the top coat, just tend to find that holds them on better but it does mean you might have to buff them off as they dont always want to come off if you didn't have polish under them :lol:

I do basically the same as the toes.
Thin coat of base gel, expose. (much more time/proper placement)
Rhinestone placement, finish with gel finish/gel topcoat.
Those suckers have to be filed off, remember the stones closest to the free edge are more likly to get knocked around/they still stay pretty sturdy with gel application.

you can encase them with a gel topcoat

or apply them with a bit of resin and lots of topcoat

i use a fast drying topcoat then apply rhinestone when the top coat is tacky. then i apply two more coats of the fast drying top coat. my last client still had hers on 3 1/2 weeks later and they were on the free edge. Hth's. xx

I tend to stick mine on with a little bit of resin before I do the top coat, just tend to find that holds them on better but it does mean you might have to buff them off as they dont always want to come off if you didn't have polish under them :lol:
did,nt think of that...:smack:...good idea thanks hun...

I do basically the same as the toes.
Thin coat of base gel, expose. (much more time/proper placement)
Rhinestone placement, finish with gel finish/gel topcoat.
Those suckers have to be filed off, remember the stones closest to the free edge are more likly to get knocked around/they still stay pretty sturdy with gel application.
nor did i think of this...:smack: another good idea...

thanks guys i can try these....i have done them before and applyed alot of top coat...the nails just look horrable and bulky then!!!!...thanks again girls xxxx:hug::hug:

With polish, set into still tacky second coat, then finish with top coat.

With gel, set into final layer before curing, cure as normal, then remove inhibition layer and finish with top coat.

If I'm applying straight to UV Gel, then I 'bezel-set' them in the finishing gloss, right before I cure it. (place the stone firmly into the gloss). No need for another coat of gloss.

In polish, set in wet polish, then top coat it.

If in clear polish - then apply TWO coats of clear, then the stone, then a 3rd coat of clear.

Or if it's an afterthought after gloss is done, then I use a bit of nail tip adhesive.

My stones NEVER BUDGE. Clients remove polish sometimes, but come back with stones still stuck on that were bezel-set in the polish. Won't come off except by e-file LOL

Hth's

ooohhh...thanks karen and victoria....i will try gel and 2 coats of top coat stone then another top coat....see this is what i love about my geeks....when i am in need of advice ...i get it!!!..xxxx

Latest posts

Back