Rhinestones

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beautifulnails03

Reaction score
Where can you get the best value and colours when ordering Rhinestones?

I have never ordered any before and want to know where is the cheapest? Also, has anybody tryed the pick up pen from Pro-Nails? And if so then is it any good?

What is the best size to get when buying rhinstones? Is it 1.5mm?

Thank You

beautifulnails03 said:
Where can you get the best value and colours when ordering Rhinestones?

I have never ordered any before and want to know where is the cheapest? Also, has anybody tryed the pick up pen from Pro-Nails? And if so then is it any good?

What is the best size to get when buying rhinstones? Is it 1.5mm?

Thank You
I have always bought my rhinestones and stencils from Melle at www.allthingsnails.co.uk

As to the pickup pen - I have tried the picker upper from NSI and not found it very successful. I use an orangewood stick or a microbrush with a tiny bit of blu tack on the end.

hi ya.........yep all things nails good for gems....also the www.nailordercatologue.co.uk i too use a orange wood stick and does the job perfect........i have to apply a few coats of nail art seal too..........
vicky ;)

I use an orange stick too dipped ever so slightly into water - this works great :D Then about 3 coats of topcoat or nail art sealer to seal it in well

Nails at Home said:
I use an orange stick too dipped ever so slightly into water - this works great :D Then about 3 coats of topcoat or nail art sealer to seal it in well

I actually put them on with adhesive and only need one coat of topcoat - they stay put until the client returns 2 weeks later for rebalance.

Doesn't the adhesive ruin the nail plate? What type of adhesive do you use?

I used to stick them on with adhesive but found that they were more likely to come off this way :( Because they were more rigid I found that they'd prise off if caught on something, leaving just the backing on the nail. Have found the gentler way of applying by putting over a few top coats seems to make them stay on better :)

Thats a very good site Suezan, I`ll be making an order from them in the near future

hi... i too have not had much sucess with the picker upper... apart from the first day... now they (i got 2) dont pick up at all and if they do wont let it go onto nail...agghh!!
what is the other item discussed Pro nail something and where dya get it (im a nail gadget girl) - anything to make rhinestones easier

It was advertised in 'Nails' and it can be seen on the Pro Nails website, it looks like a pen, but it picks them up.

sorry to be a big pain in the butt. just flicked through my last three nails mag and i cant see it am i being a duh!!! what is pro nails website address.
cheers

I have something called Pic.n.Stic........
They look like a cotton bud without the cotton and it has a sticky end. They are great for picking them up but you do need something to pry it off the end with, and I use a cocktail stick for that.
Pic.n.Stic is American but I buy it from Dental Art in Cumbria(I think)

hi
i use an orange wood stick with a bit of blue tack on the end works perfect for me and cheap too !!!

:D :D

Hi everyone :D ... I am not a nail tech and no where near a professional but i must admit i am a complete nut for nails and everything that has 2 do with nails. And i have a very easy solution for picking up those lil buggers(aka rhinestones)..an orange wood stick dipped in the smallest amount of clear top coat..does the trick everytime and no need 2 worry about a lil bit of top coat on the rhinestone since it will be covered up anyway...hope this works for ya all....*miss*

It is www.pronails.co.uk

Am I allowed to say that I sell Rhinestones on my website?

www.libertynaildesign.com

If it's just round ones you want, then Melle has a great selection on her website www.allthingsnails.co.uk but I also sell star, snowflake, teardrop, bagette, oval, square and flower shaped rhinestones, as well as round. I'm based in Dublin but ship to the UK on a regular basis.

Sorry for the plug!

Jackie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back