ridges and allergic reactions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SUNsation'NAILS

Reaction score
hi all...wonder if u could advise me...what causes ridges? and what can i do for them? is ridge filler any good?

2nd question i have a client who can only have hypo allergenic nail polish is the creative polish this? i tried ringing through to ask whilst my cleint was waiting but couldnt get through, therefore i had to let her go without polish on coz if the creative polish wasnt hypo allergenic then she can come out in big blotches...scary stuff ey??? last thing i need is my clients walking out blotchy and itching...

Vicky

Hi Vicky,

I'm unable to answer your second question, i also have a client whom has an allergy to nail enamel, but i'm still trying to find one she may be able to use.

:? :? :?

In regards to ridges......

Ridges are a normal sign of aging no matter how young or old you are. Ridges can be slightly buffed with a girlfriend buffer, to smooth the appearance of these ridges but be careful not to overbuff the nailplate so as not to make it too thin.

A ridgefiller would help to disguise the ridges, but may not hide them altogether.
It is perfectly safe to enhance these nails, so maybe apply a natural nail overlay using liquid & powder or gel, providing they are rebalanced regularly, may help.

Hope this answers your question ;)

xxx

To answer your 2nd question ...

Nail enamels contain many ingredients. Does the client know which ingredient she is allergic too? My guess is No.

MOST people who are sensitive to nail enamel are sensitive to the formaldehyde in the nail enamel. Creative Nail enamel does not contain formaldehyde and I have used it successfully on every client who has ever told me they were allergic to nail enamel.

Before you say ... oh yes it does ... I see formaldehyde resin on the label!!
Well the resin bit makes all the difference and those who are normally allergic to formaldehyde are not affected by formaldehyde resin.

My advice is to try it on one or two nails and see how she goes. If no reaction within 24 hours then she will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back