right got my photo on now :)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nikita

Reaction score
take a look and give me your comments if u will :) thanks!!

nails.jpg

Hi, first let me say how brave you are inviting us to look at and comment on your nails.

As a general comment, your form is quite consistant, which is good, but the overall form is 'heavy' at the tip. The nails tend to 'fan out' toward the free edge - and a little more filing would taper those whites so that they looked like an extension of the sidewalls instead of lookoing wider than the side walls.

Your 'smiles' look to be coming along very nicely, and your zone 1 (whites) look very even and a nice dense white. They show a nice natural line which I like rather than these 'deep deep' smiles which personally I do not like. Neither do I like them straight accross, so you have struck a good balance between the two.

Surface smoothness could be improved a lot by more buffing and a more perfect application. The 'line of light' tells the whole story. I am not clever enough to put arrows on your photos to point out clearly what I mean but if you look at the lower photos, the 'light line' is clearly going off at an angle on every nail showing you that the product is too heavy at the tip. The 'light line' also veries in width showing you that you have flat spots and an uneven surface - nothing that cannot be put right with a little more perfect application and a little more buffing to get that 'rounded' shape we all look for.

If you are new to nails, then you are on a learning curve that looks entirely normal. Keep practicing getting that surface smoothness as beautiful as you can, and use a little less product than you are using at present. Place your second bead a little higher to put the 'crown' or apex of the enhancement in the correct position.

Would you fill in your profile so we can see your experience and where you are from? You're obviously not shy if you have put yourself under the microscope so to speak so let us know a bit more about you. Keep on going, you're on the right track. ;)

Well done for completing a full set and posting them on the board!!!

You've got some great comments from geeg. Very constructive - they'll help you a lot.

I never knew about the 'light line' - I'm inspecting mine now...

Best of luck,

Karen

hi thanks for your comments, i think getting critism like that will only help me to improve quicker.

im in liverpool,uk and ive jus started training at college. the pics i shown r gels, which i prefer so far.

loads of people lookin, but no coments?

am i to take this as a bad sign? please let me know , i wanna b the best i can :) thanks :D

I too take my hat off to you for your post. I wouldn't have dared show my nails at the beginning of my career :oops: . Geeg has given you some wonderful and positive feedback here - not criticism I may add. If you take even 2 pieces of advice from her it will certainly help you. I am sure many teks are looking and waiting to add positive feedback!! Keep up the positive attitude and you will go far!! Well done!

Here’s a couple of things that may help make them even nicer than they are :)

First...some of the nails go slightly Egyptian hattish (though sometimes the angle of the camera can make this worse than it actually is) instead of going a little wider... bring them in a little like this:
nikita_1.jpg

Another thing that can help out is the placement of your apex. Here it is a little too far forward and gives the nail a slight top heavy appearance:
nikita_2.jpg

Something like this (though the angle of the nail makes it a little more difficult to show the apex placement):
nikita_3.jpg

Just remember that the apex is an area half way between the cuticle line and the free edge line.

Here the lines of light go a little squiffy here and there in the bottom pictures (gigi touched on this).
nikita_4.jpg

The line should remain the same thickness and distance from the side of the nail. If it grows wider, it means there is a bulbous or flat spot in that area that is reflecting more light. If it goes crooked then it means the circumference of the nail is getting wider/smaller the longer it gets.

And last... I go back to your french nail (ring finger)... I slapped a really cheap new free edge and smile on there to illustrate what I mean (dont laugh at the quick paint shop pro job :D )...
nikita_redo.jpg

Though I too am not into overly deep smiles, I feel that taking it deeper would have really slimmed the nail a bit... you can also see the edges come straight out from the sidewalls to the tip which also slims it a bit.

Hope this helps... there was a discussion a little while ago about apex's and light here:
http://www.samuelsweet.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=68

Keep up the good work!

I just new the Geek would be able to draw some fancy shmancy circles arrows and lines to make things more clear.

By the way, you don't need a million replys to get excellent advise. Concentrate on one or 2 things at a time - and send the next 'new and improved' version for us to see.

And please fill out your profile???? please?

There you go, just when you think you've figured something out, somebody comes along and slaps you whop, bang, boo round the old smoozer (face :D ). All this time, I've been god damn convinced that that little matey, the apex was supposed to be over the free edge area :shock: , well no it isn't is it!!! There's me classing myself as a professional.....................professional what I ask myself :shock: :hit:

Anyway, consider this rectified from this moment on.....I salute you on finally getting through to me :salute:

Adele

Sorry - I'd love to see your work - but all I'm seeing is a little box with a red cross in it - I've tried clicking on it but all I get is zilch, a big fat nothing!!!

How can I get to see the pics please?

Love
Sue
xxx

Did you not cover the apex 'area' on your nvq? I just received my nvq yesterday and I got it and thought 'oh my god'!! (Sorry to blaspheme!) :?

Managed to start it a little but is there any chance you could send me your email address so that if I have any questions or queries maybe I could contact you for a little help :?:

Cheers

Click the email button under each of their posts

Cheers Geek!! Stupid me - I've been up early with the baby (he's 5 months old today!).

I really want to put a piccie of him on here but I don't have it on a website. I can put it onto my own site but then the url will just drag the whole page up. Can someone please, please help me![/img]

nail_star2003 said:
I can put it onto my own site but then the url will just drag the whole page up. Can someone please, please help me![/img]

Not sure what you mean be 'drag the whole page up'... if its on your website and the site allows fot hotlinking (other sites displaying conent from yours) then just put the url for the image in like this:
[code:1][img]http://yourwebsite.com/yourimages/image.jpg[/img][/code:1]

Then click 'preview' and see if one of those lovely red squared comes up, or the image. If the lovely red square comes up it means that your site won't allow hotlinking. In that case, just type in [code:1]http://yourwebsite.com/youimages/image.jpg[/code:1]
And it will auto link it for you. Whenever someone clicks on the link, the image will appear in a new window.

Hope that helps

Your putting the web page in the tags... not the image that sits on the web page.

How about this:

Thomas%202.BMP

here is the code:
[code:1][img]http://www.freewebs.com/pamperandpolish/Thomas%202.BMP[/img][/code:1]

an easy way to get the url is to right click on the picture you want the address for and choose properties. There will an Address there that is the URL for that image.

The other thing I would suggest is that instead of saving the pictures as bitmaps (imagename.BMP) that you should save them as jpegs (imagename.jpg) They will be much smaller, better quality and be able to be seen on more computers.

Hope this helps...

BTW: Beautiful happy lil petal isn't he? Nice 1.

Thank you, thank you, thank you :thumbsup:

Now everyone can see my little cutie!!! I totally understand what you're saying now so hopefully I will be able to get other pics up on here.

Cheers Geek - you're the best 8)

kelly he is soooooooooooo cute

:D

he IS GORGEOUS - I just want to eat him up, what a happy lil peeps he is bless him xxxxxxxxxx 8) ahhh making me BROODY....Geek will get mucho nervoso!!!!

HE does make you broody doesn't he?!!! He was only 8 weeks old when that photo was taken and everyone couldn't believe how smiley he was :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back