RIGHT ........ I can't stand it any longer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailzoo

Reaction score
You know I hate snakeoil salesmen and the like.

I've argued black and blue over ear candles (and enjoyed every minute),
but yet again, I'm gonna walk the plank to share some informmation with all of you.

You can do with it whatever you want, but if it helps one single person, then I have achieved what I have set out to do (just like you ear candlers want to do).

YEP, it seems like a miracle, but look at the science, look at how it works and look at why pharmaceuticals will ignore it.

Doug Schoon (someone notify him), what do you think ?

Simon ... I'm interested in your thoughts too..., you are a fellow cynic.

How do you feel about passing this information along to loved ones and people you care about, how does it make you feel, will you try it, why won't you try it, what do you think about it, what harm can it do?

Beyond this post, Google MMS and see what you think, it's cheap and the science seems to work, why not pass it along?

I post this with love , hope and help for all.

YouTube - MMS, Jim Humble and the Miracle Mineral

Hi Carl, have you tried this yourself are you going to or do you know someone personally who has? I find it very interesting and would be interested to hear the opinions of others with a scientific background "yes Doug's opinion would be great" I will do a little more research before I make up my mind whether or not to try it, but it does look like a "Miracle" and people take many so different vitamins, supplements & natural remedy's to help with illness & disease keep them in good health so why not!

You know I hate snakeoil salesmen and the like.

I've argued black and blue over ear candles (and enjoyed every minute),
but yet again, I'm gonna walk the plank to share some informmation with all of you.

You can do with it whatever you want, but if it helps one single person, then I have achieved what I have set out to do (just like you ear candlers want to do).

YEP, it seems like a miracle, but look at the science, look at how it works and look at why pharmaceuticals will ignore it.

Doug Schoon (someone notify him), what do you think ?

Simon ... I'm interested in your thoughts too..., you are a fellow cynic.

How do you feel about passing this information along to loved ones and people you care about, how does it make you feel, will you try it, why won't you try it, what do you think about it, what harm can it do?

Beyond this post, Google MMS and see what you think, it's cheap and the science seems to work, why not pass it along?

I post this with love , hope and help for all.

YouTube - MMS, Jim Humble and the Miracle Mineral

Hmmm, where to start.

So, where is the paper published on this MMS?
Was a double- blind study conducted?
How big was the study group and was there a control group?
How many years was the study carried out over?
Were independent studies carried out too?

I wonder how much money he makes personally from this wonder drug? Oh, none now, as if I remember this correctly he was jailed for this scam. :biggrin:

Don't even get me started on ear candles...

Hmmm, where to start.

So, where is the paper published on this MMS?
Was a double- blind study conducted?
How big was the study group and was there a control group?
How many years was the study carried out over?
Were independent studies carried out too?

I wonder how much money he makes personally from this wonder drug? Oh, none now, as if I remember this correctly he was jailed for this scam. :biggrin:

Don't even get me started on ear candles...

You can do some research, you will have to actually read........ scroll down to "scientific studies", there have been a few and the results look quite good.
"MMS" - Chlorine Dioxide - Oxygen Cancer Therapy

There are 1000's and thousands of positive results. (yep a few neg ones too)

Just to add, he was never jailed.

He does make money from selling part 2 of his book, ...... is that a sin?

But he doesn't make money from selling MMS, it is easy enough to make your own.

There are some very odd things going on without our meagre knowledge.

Currently the blue dye in M&M's is being trialed for spinal injury repair.... sounds far fetched doesn't it.

Last edited:
Hi Carl, have you tried this yourself are you going to or do you know someone personally who has? I find it very interesting and would be interested to hear the opinions of others with a scientific background "yes Doug's opinion would be great" I will do a little more research before I make up my mind whether or not to try it, but it does look like a "Miracle" and people take many so different vitamins, supplements & natural remedy's to help with illness & disease keep them in good health so why not!

I'm up to day 5 ..... first 7 drop dose later tonight, I've been working up from 2 drops ....... very interesting results too .....

I've even put the dog on it, with results there too.

Using it on a toenail also (with results).

I've started a blog and am keeping a journal on day to day happenings.

Last edited:
I'd be interested to be kept updated on your results with this Carl. xx

You can do some research, you will have to actually read........ scroll down to "scientific studies", there have been a few and the results look quite good.
"MMS" - Chlorine Dioxide - Oxygen Cancer Therapy

There are 1000's and thousands of positive results. (yep a few neg ones too)

Just to add, he was never jailed.

He does make money from selling part 2 of his book, ...... is that a sin?

But he doesn't make money from selling MMS, it is easy enough to make your own.

There are some very odd things going on without our meagre knowledge.

Currently the blue dye in M&M's is being trialed for spinal injury repair.... sounds far fetched doesn't it.

I do find it all very questionable. There has been no research published in any journals of note. Nearly all links on the page you provide are anecdotal evidence. A significant number of these links are sites run by Jim Humble but under a pseudo name.
If and a big IF this product was so great then proper scientists, with knowledge and experience would have published a paper reporting its efficacy in a respected journal. I have searched high and low and there is nothing in the science world proving or disproving this so far.
I cannot find any studies, apart from anecdotal, provided or published by Jim Humble. I do not believe for one minute this man, as he claims, has not made any money from this. He has products galore on the market. He has even re-branded them to 'spread the word'.
Also, curezone (not a respected site in the slightest but springs up again and again regarding MMS), is flooded with conspiracy against the 'big pharma', all made up in their delusional minds. Jim Humble himself posts on there and has had numerous panic posts on removing his association from the products, re-branding it and closing down websites. It's all there in black and white. If that's not snake oil then I don't know what is.

MMS makes dangerous claims. Science- based medicine would have gone through years of trials, alternative medicine does not have these restrictions. By definition, Alternative Medicine has either not been proved to work, or been proved not to work. Alternative Medicine that’s been proved to work? It is called Medicine.
People could be using this and not receiving life-saving medicine that has been proven to work and in my opinion by buying into this 'miracle' you become a supporter of this.

Each to their own we are all adults and can make our own decisions and hold our own beliefs on chemically produced medicines & natural remedies, some people spend years on different courses of medication with little or no relief just more problems from the side effects. I myself have recently discovered the harm Aspartame has caused me (blogged about it) since removing it from my diet altogether all the terrible aches pains stiffness and lethargy I felt for the last few years have completely gone I no longer take painkillers have physio and have been signed off from the hospital, and all this in my opinion has been caused from using an approved by the FSC & SCF artificial sweetener, their decision is constantly challenged and I hope one day SOON that it will be banned! We don't know the half of it as far as I am concerned with safety standards across the board how many times have we seen the news on medicines, foods & products in general that have after years of being used and the cause of so many illnesses & defects have suddenly been whipped off the shelves due to recent research. Why can they be so right about something sometimes to be proved wrong I bet anyone who is suffering from a terminal illness who heard of a "Miracle cure" and knew someone who had with positive effects taken it would be the first to try it they would be a fool not to. Carl is no fool and I trust his opinion with regards to MMS and its benefits and will follow his progress with interest.

Each to their own we are all adults and can make our own decisions and hold our own beliefs on chemically produced medicines & natural remedies, some people spend years on different courses of medication with little or no relief just more problems from the side effects. I myself have recently discovered the harm Aspartame has caused me (blogged about it) since removing it from my diet altogether all the terrible aches pains stiffness and lethargy I felt for the last few years have completely gone I no longer take painkillers have physio and have been signed off from the hospital, and all this in my opinion has been caused from using an approved by the FSC & SCF artificial sweetener, their decision is constantly challenged and I hope one day SOON that it will be banned! We don't know the half of it as far as I am concerned with safety standards across the board how many times have we seen the news on medicines, foods & products in general that have after years of being used and the cause of so many illnesses & defects have suddenly been whipped off the shelves due to recent research. Why can they be so right about something sometimes to be proved wrong I bet anyone who is suffering from a terminal illness who heard of a "Miracle cure" and knew someone who had with positive effects taken it would be the first to try it they would be a fool not to. Carl is no fool and I trust his opinion with regards to MMS and its benefits and will follow his progress with interest.

Hi. You raise some very interesting points. Please take the time to follow the link and read all comments in it's entirety.

‘Cancer Quack’ follow up | Atheist Age

I am too no fool. I am currently studying Human Biology and looking to move into molecular science. I have an avid interest in science. Particularly in, cells, virus, bacterium, fighting disease and infection and medicine. I read books about this subject and if you have an interest in alternative medicine I can strongly recommend, Bad Science: Amazon.co.uk: Ben Goldacre: Books and Trick or Treatment?: Alternative Medicine on Trial: Amazon.co.uk: Simon Singh, Edzard Ernst: Books

These two books are written by two very well respected scientists that also still lecture in universities.
My husband is a scientist, a neuroscientist, and he too flags this up as quackery.

It is okay saying people can make their own choices, I totally hang with that, but it should always be informed, non bias choices. I still wouldn't take any science-based medicine without checking first it's efficacy because yes, science does get it wrong. It also never claims to always getting it right.

I have flagged this issue up to The sceptics guide to the universe, who do a weekly science podcast. These guys have won lots of awards for their show and I'll keep you updated to what they might think about this. :)

On a last note. If Jim Humble has found this 'miracle cure' I suspect the Nobel Prize for medicine will be winging it's way to him sometime soon. ;)

Look forward to reading your findings Carl. I think when you find something that works for you, it works for you, drug or natural remedy. I don't pay too much attention to the rest of the media and or internet hype or crushing of anything. When you google any drug or product in the world you find bunches of people gung ho for it and others who think it should be banned.

My fella's Medical Doctor, always been old school medicine. Myself im a lot more holistic as I have a sensitive system as far as some medicinal ingredients are concerned.

This means we butt heads regularly and have to compromise on certain things. He's always working wonders at finding the right medicine for me and I hold his clinical mind in the highest esteem. In return the great prescriber is now using solar oil and crystals for many things that he was using over the counter and prescribed treatments for :green: and actually comes to me first when dealing with his own skin and muscle issues before searching his medical mind.

Plus, I never worry about Carl when it comes to the bulls**t radar!!

Very interesting - I will be watching this thread with interest.

Thanks for posting Carl.
xx

Hi. You raise some very interesting points. Please take the time to follow the link and read all comments in it's entirety.

‘Cancer Quack’ follow up | Atheist Age

I am too no fool. I am currently studying Human Biology and looking to move into molecular science. I have an avid interest in science. Particularly in, cells, virus, bacterium, fighting disease and infection and medicine.

Then you should understand about cells and how they work, would you like to refute a few pages from this ? http://jimhumble.biz/biz-brochure.pdf

We all want to be educated, but can you refute this .... personally, I'd like to know .... not a bitch fight at all, I too want to learn.

I read books about this subject and if you have an interest in alternative medicine I can strongly recommend, Bad Science: Amazon.co.uk: Ben Goldacre: Books and Trick or Treatment?: Alternative Medicine on Trial: Amazon.co.uk: Simon Singh, Edzard Ernst: Books

These two books are written by two very well respected scientists that also still lecture in universities. I bet they have backing of huge pharmaceutical companies
My husband is a scientist, a neuroscientist, and he too flags this up as quackery. Well he should undestand how this chemical works (it's not a drug)
, although respected, a scientist isn't a doctor, science and medicine are different, maybe he should read this
http://jimhumble.biz/biz-brochure.pdf

It is okay saying people can make their own choices, I totally hang with that, but it should always be informed, non bias choices. I still wouldn't take any science-based medicine without checking first it's efficacy because yes, science does get it wrong. It also never claims to always getting it right.

I have flagged this issue up to The sceptics guide to the universe, who do a weekly science podcast. These guys have won lots of awards for their show and I'll keep you updated to what they might think about this. :)

On a last note. If Jim Humble has found this 'miracle cure' I suspect the Nobel Prize for medicine will be winging it's way to him sometime soon. ;)

Do you really think the big companies will allow a nobody with a cheap solution to their million dollar solutions to be acknowledged ?

Well it will happen, MMS is growing, it's positive results are growing.

The odd thing about this treatment, there is very little negative posting in regard to negative effects by people who have tried it .... sure a few have felt a little nauseas, but that's about it..... and they have clearly tried to do too much too soon.

You still haven't explained why you jumped off the gap and stated Jim Humble went to jail, when he didn't, or is that merely scaremongering about something you don't understand, or haven't researched enough.

How MSS works ....http://www.sagevid.se/mms/mms_details.html

-sophisticutz-, as your hubby is a scientist and you are studying biology ..... can you/him, or both as obviously well educated people, explain/refute why this theory is wrong.

It is of great interest to me (and I'm sure others by now).

H1N1 was man made..... so much for the respectability scientists

Last edited:
Do you really think the big companies will allow a nobody with a cheap solution to their million dollar solutions to be acknowledged ?

Well it will happen, MMS is growing, it's positive results are growing.

The odd thing about this treatment, there is very little negative posting in regard to negative effects by people who have tried it .... sure a few have felt a little nauseas, but that's about it..... and they have clearly tried to do too much too soon.

You still haven't explained why you jumped off the gap and stated Jim Humble went to jail, when he didn't, or is that merely scaremongering about something you don't understand, or haven't researched enough.

How MSS works ....The Chemical Background - How MMS works in the body

-sophisticutz-, as your hubby is a scientist and you are studying biology ..... can you/him, or both as obviously well educated people, explain/refute why this theory is wrong.

It is of great interest to me (and I'm sure others by now).

H1N1 was man made..... so much for the respectability scientists

Hi, I shall try to tackle each bit as it comes, just flag it up should I miss a bit.

I looked at the link to the Jim Humble brochure. A couple of things confuse me. Virus and bacterium attack cells in 2 different ways, therefore need to be treated in two different ways. That brochure is complete and utter, patronising, pseudo science. Anything that tells you not to worry about the science and just accept is works is a worry.

The two Authors I recommended, Ben Goldacre and Simon Singh are most certainly not being funded by 'Big Pharma', that is a straw man argument. Please research them. I got the impression from your first post that you are generally a skeptical person. :) If you are, you will love these no b*llsh*t books.

My husband took one look at the 'chemical science' behind this drug and laughed. He is also a Dr. His Phd is a neuroscientist.

The research I had done on Jim Humble was suggesting he would get a jail sentence. This is why I put in my original reply 'I think...' as search as I might there is nothing on the www to give an outcome on this case. However, I did recently find this on MMS
Backyard cancer 'healer' deceived patients

Very worrying.

Regarding the chemical background link, where to start... It is basically 'word salad'. It is not an independent study. It is not published as part of a journal, Heck, they didn't even spell 'chemistry' correctly. I have a very basic chemistry knowledge (I am a cells girl! :) ) but as I understand it chlorine dioxide can be made from sodium chlorite but it cannot then reform as a salt as this article claims. There is no solid hypothesis, experiment results or conclusion in this article.

MMS probably won't harm you if you take it, but it won't help you either. I would like to think anyone with a serious aliment would see their GP.

H1N1 is man-made. Wow, where did that come from? I am currently at home recuperating with a broken ankle, so just shout if you want some science behind that gem. I am a virus nut and H1N1 was not man made. If you have an understanding of flu viruses and how they mutate then you will know that's not true. :)

Latest posts

Back