Right Training?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stoney

Reaction score
Hi Guys, new to the site and to the world of artificial nails!

Just booked an acrylic foundation course with NSI, i've heard some good things about them so i'm desperately hoping i've picked a good 'un....? Any info on the course and the products would be greatly appreciated... so i know what i'm letting myself in for!!!

stoney said:

Just booked an acrylic foundation course with NSI, i've heard some good things about them so i'm desperately hoping i've picked a good 'un....? Any info on the course and the products would be greatly appreciated... so i know what i'm letting myself in for!!!
ç

I'm sure you will be fine on your foundation course with NSI. Just remember a foundation course is only that ...A foundation on which to BUILD your knowledge as you progress to maturity and a high level of skill ... If you want to be successful in the nail profession, then your sights must be focused beyond the foundaton level and you must continue on to the next level .... and the next ... and the next. Good luck and have fun.

stoney said:

sorry i am unable to comment on their courses but in my experience their level of customer service is not too good in relation to ordering their products.but i may have been unlucky :cry:
debbie

I trained with hem and the trainer i had was fab......unfortunitly she is no longer with them.....she is independant now.........i have found their customer service great too!!!!!!!!

Amanda

I did a conversation course with NSI last week. Found the classic really easy to work with and the trainer was great (amber) I feel much more confident in my ablility now.

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my message!

This is something i have been thinking about for a couple of years now, having had my own nails done for the past 7! It has become apparent to me that thats exactly what lets the industry down - nail techs that don't follow up on training!

So thats exactly what i intend to do, trouble is i'm really impatient and very passionate and want to learn everything now!!!! - but i know i can't. I'll take my time and hopefully i'll eventually be a credit to the industry.

talking of nsi, i was looking at their site and saw that they had so many different types of L&P. Can anybody tell me what is the difference between the products as the site doesnt really explain the difference.

Carole Lindsay said:
talking of nsi, i was looking at their site and saw that they had so many different types of L&P. Can anybody tell me what is the difference between the products as the site doesnt really explain the difference.
Hiya,

They do have a few different ones.....Simplicite has loads of different colours and is a medium set, they also have a faster set Competition, and an Odourless system.

Amanda

Lily said:
Hiya,

They do have a few different ones.....Simplicite has loads of different colours and is a medium set, they also have a faster set Competition, and an Odourless system.

Amanda
Thanx for the advice - do you use the nsi L&P? do you think that would be a fairly good one for a beginner to start with? is there such a thing as a slow set???

Hi,

I'm still doing my training with Essential Nails but I chose NSI to use on myself instead of the pinnicle that comes with Essential Nails.

I have always found them very good to deal with and they have a Scottish sales centre which I liked too.

I use the Classic powders and these give you ample time to work with.

Carole Lindsay said:
Thanx for the advice - do you use the nsi L&P? do you think that would be a fairly good one for a beginner to start with? is there such a thing as a slow set???
i find NSi classic really good to work with, they do a competion one to which set about the same sort of time but has a mich strong pink and white colour, Speed speaks for it self!!! simplicite will crystalise in the winter. i would start with the classic.

Great!, now im worried. I'm sure ive booked on to the Simplicite course, due to start next monday. Will they let me change to classic? What makes it crystalise? Is anybody currently using it?

stoney said:
Great!, now im worried. I'm sure ive booked on to the Simplicite course, due to start next monday. Will they let me change to classic? What makes it crystalise? Is anybody currently using it?
Hiya,
Dont worry you will be fine with simplicite, it is a fab product and great to begin with, it think it is on the medium to slow side, it crystalises when it is cold and your monomer gets cold and also if the client has really cold hands.............i must be honest and only had the problem of crystalising on a couple of clients and this was when i first started out and one of my clients has extremley cold hands..........i ut a hot water bottle under the towel...........................dont worry you will be fine

Good luck
Amanda

stoney said:
Sorry dont mean to panic you!!! you will be fine just enjoy it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back