Ring things!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tilly Ann

Sweetie Geekie
Reaction score
Hello everyone!!

Wondered if anyone could help me please!!

I think I've broken a bone in my back! :sad: :cry: Oh what fun it is let me tell you!!!

I'm finding it hard to sit down at the moment! My pal has suggested getting one of those ring donought things to sit on but no one knows where to get one!
Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!!

sorry to hear this, the only place i now of is the hospital, you could try a disability shop, or how about a rubber ring swimmers one i dont now if that will be as good. sorry.x

Thats a good idea hun but I think that might be a bit big for my chair!! I dont think it will fit! I'll need to take it to clients houses as well!! Ha ha!! Could you imagine the looks I'd get if I walked in with it round my waist!!

Thanks anyway chicken! Might give the hospital a buzz later maybe!

ouchie Kirsten... would you not be better off having it checked out hunny, that way you can be advised professionally as to the best ways to relieve the pain and discomfort.

I went to the docs yesterday! All they did was give me anti inflamiteries and told me if it still hurts in two weeks or if it hurts while i'm taking the pills then to go back and they'll put mt in for x rays and stuff!
Getting a bit fed up now tho!! LOL! I'm at work and I keep having to perch myself on alternate butt cheeks as it's the only way I'm semi comfortable!

go on..you poor thing..tell us how u did it!

AMb x

sorry i know this sounds disgusting but when i had my last little one i had to sit on a rubber swimming ring for about 2weeks after because it was just too painful without it but it really did help.

go and get it looked at.

hope you feel better soon.:hug: :hug: :hug:

Well, I think I did it about 2 months ago!!
i was looking after my friends dog and she ran down the srairs while I was standing at the top and I fell!! The stairs were hardcore concrete too!!!
I've been putting it off tho cos I just thought I'd jarred it a bit but this weekend I was feeling it and there is a rather attractive lump of bone sticking out! EEWWWW!!!!!

Flaming dogs!!! I broke 2 nails too!!

MINKUS said:
go on..you poor thing..tell us how u did it!
erm.... dunno if i want to know... pmsl :wink2:

they do rubber rings in 'small child' sizes aswell as the adult ones, maybe try Mothercare or a sportshop.

aww you poor thing hope you will be ok, try a sports shop

Yes same with me when I had my first daughter I had so many stitches I had to sit on a rubber ring for a long time around 2 weeks and yes it did help me.

Keep an eye on your back and go back if it gets no better.

Caz xxx

emma m said:
sorry i know this sounds disgusting but when i had my last little one i had to sit on a rubber swimming ring for about 2weeks after because it was just too painful without it but it really did help.

go and get it looked at.

hope you feel better soon.:hug: :hug: :hug:

Tilly, ignore the doctors and go to the A&E dept at hospital NOW. tell them you fell down the stairs and LAY IT ON THICK how much pain you are in. chances are you've only bruised your cocsys (don't know how to spell it but that's how you say it... its the bone at the base of the spine) but you don't want to take the risk. and its better to be safe than sorry. a friend of mine fell down the stairs and cracked a vertebrae .. and walked round with it for 3 weeks!!! and those stairs had carpet on them. get your ass down the hospital NOW! how can a doctor look at you and tell you its not broken. that's impossible. GP's know a little about everything but they are not experts or consultants. just leave your job now and go to the hospital. you may have to wait a while because its not an imminent emergency but they won't turn you away, they are not allowed.

Ouch!

What are you like you lemon!

Really?!??! I just thought that as there isn't much that they can do for it thats why they weren't in so much of a rush to get it seen to!!
Toni Talons said:
Tilly, ignore the doctors and go to the A&E dept at hospital NOW. tell them you fell down the stairs and LAY IT ON THICK how much pain you are in. chances are you've only bruised your cocsys (don't know how to spell it but that's how you say it... its the bone at the base of the spine) but you don't want to take the risk. and its better to be safe than sorry. a friend of mine fell down the stairs and cracked a vertebrae .. and walked round with it for 3 weeks!!! and those stairs had carpet on them. get your ass down the hospital NOW! how can a doctor look at you and tell you its not broken. that's impossible. GP's know a little about everything but they are not experts or consultants. just leave your job now and go to the hospital. you may have to wait a while because its not an imminent emergency but they won't turn you away, they are not allowed.

I Thought Rubber Rings Where For People With Piles

There's not much you can do for a bruised bone, that's true, but if its a crack i would think it needs to be seen to. your doctor cannot look at your back and say, "yep, definitely just a bruise" unless he's superman and has got x-ray vision can he? Chances are it is just a bruise, but if i was you i'd definitely get it checked out. It's up to you hun. i know these bruises take a while to heal tho. did the doctor actually have a look/feel around?

Also, the hospital will probably give you that cushion your on about.

hiya hun

I fell on my back ice skating two years ago, it was killing me for days and i did nothing about it for days, It then began to feel all "fizzy" and "Tingely". it was like little electric fizzles across the bottom of my back. I eventually went to the docs 6 days later, he sent me for an xray. I discovered i had crushed my sacrum, which is the last two virtibra of the spine before the cohxics, tail bone, i cant spell it either lol.
I was given strong anti inflams, declefenac they are called and a tens machine to help deal with the pain. There is nothing more they can do for it. My back is a slightly different shape now. its still painfuil at times, but i am glad to say i have just started ice skating again.

Do get it checked just so know know why you are in pain, i doubt they can do anything but you can get some stronger pain killers. Heat pads help too and supportive cushions.

poor bum xxxxxx

sounds painful it sounds like your cocyx bone, i would definantely say try and get an xray if your gp is no help pop into a&e

Latest posts

Back