Rio Airbrush Nails ARGOS £49.99!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to claify i am not intending to offer this without proper training or to any paying clients. Like i said it is just to practise with and to test the water with it, If somebody did want airbrushing i would fully explain that i am not trained and that i wouldn't charge for the service anyway and that i am testing the water to see if there is any call for it in my area.

Sammie

i think they are a no go for a professional tech...how many Rio gel nail kits, tattoo kits etc do you see on ebay....loads! We obviously make our jobs look easy, hence clients think they could do it 'just as well' and the kits end up either at a car boot, back of the cupboard or on ebay. we will never loose business as a result of kits like this...but we may end up trying to rectify their mistakes! I wouln't even bother buying the kits just for personal use...inferior quality. If you want to do nail art, either professionally or on yourself, why not go for some inexpensive double ended nail pens (brush and dotting tool), a selection or brushes from your local art supplier, little pots of acrylic paint from the art shop/paint by number paints from the toy shop...these are what i use and have added to over the months until i've got a great range of colours and tools. I even use gel pens!

I already have lots of nail art pens and anything else you can think of nail art wise, but like i keep saying its just to get a feel for it and if i like it, in the future i may purchase a compressor etc.....

The way i see it is as a starting block, if there is a call for it then i will do the necessary training and equpiment. Until then it is purely a hobby and like i said testing the water. If enough people see the effect/style of it and like it then i will take it further.

I may not even like airbrushing, at least this way i haven't lost hundreds of pounds finding out.

Hi everybody, my name's Ian and I've joined up specifically to ask the following question, so please, if any of you could possibly help me out that would be wonderful, and much appreciated.

My girlfriend has just passed a nail art course and is looking for equipment. I'm clueless on the subject but was really wanting to get her something useful for christmas.
I was looking into the Rio products when I came across this thread in a search. Lucky for me, and her!
So obviously Rio's products are cheap cack, can anyone direct me in the way of a GOOD NAIL ART AIRBRUSH instead? Perhaps a link or two to a decent supplier as well?
Thankyou very much in adbvance!

there is one thing I cannot stand is places like Argos selling so called professional items to the public - we spend money and time training for a reason!

if this was for a child or a teenager then yes, professionals no.
if a nail tech got this out and was about to do my nails with it, I would not be inclined to go back!

bit like doing a pedicure with Tesco Value stuff- yes I have seen it done! ( no it was NOT ME!)

rachel is a queen of nail art and sells manymany great products including airbrush her web site is www.netnails.net
hope this helps

dont get me started on rio nails stuff and people buying them and thinking they are a 'fully qulified nail tech' xx

louisehartje said:
bit like doing a pedicure with Tesco Value stuff- yes I have seen it done! ( no it was NOT ME!)

your joking?? how much were they charging for that??xx

kittenclaws said:
rachel is a queen of nail art and sells manymany great products including airbrush her web site is www.netnails.net
hope this helps

This website is cool!

Have been looking at the Mini Mobile Kit airbrush and I think that is just what i need. Something small and neat for taking to clients houses.

Does anyone have this? or an opinion?

Thanks
xx

:eek: im sorry but i dont know how anyone dare use a rio product on a client! if i went to someone/or mobile and they pulled that junk (i know its junk i have had several items bought for me from rio and i have got rid of them all!) out of the bag i would send them packing! it screams no training no insurance and if you can just buy that and use it on people and charge them ....it wont take long before they go and buy their own! think about it....

It wouldnt hurt to start off with, you can learn with that and then if you get the clientelle you can shell out for the better ones with a proper compressor and so on when you can afford it.
xxx:confused:

emmalouisa said:
hi where do you buy the extra canisters from??? is it good on the natural nail??
Boots sell the canisters for about 10gbp

thenaillounge said:
I would not touch this kit with a barge pole. Not professional for a start, and also this Rio company is selling alsorts of kits without any standard of education, and so many people are buying in to it. Thing is, if you want a professional job doing, you need someone with the correct knowledge to do it. If you buy cheap you get cheap.

As a nail tech, I would keep well away from these cowboys, trying to make a fast buck out of the general public.

Saying this though the rio kits state on their products that this is only for home use and doesnt make you qualified to use them... If people take it upon their selves to misuse the products it is not down to the company.. The products wer created for people that like to pamper themselves but can not afford to visit a salon all the time..

I'd say No Way! Rio are bad. I was given the Rio nail kit for my birthday before i had any kind of nail training. It totally wrecked my nails and turns out the methods given in the manual are pretty bad for the nails 2!

This totally puts me off any Rio products!! (plus iv heard a lot of bad things from people who have bought other kits!)

x :cool:

Pmsl my hubby bought me this ages ago!! It was really thoughtful in a way but he has no idea about nails etc. Been trying to think whos teenager I can give it to for their Birthday!!!!!!!! A definate no no for nail techs, good for teenagers to mess about with though I suppose. Never had it open - may try to get rid on ebay when he's not here.

Don't Do It Hun,i Bought It And It's Rubbish By The Time U Get The Pressure Right The Cannister Is Empty(slight Exaggeration),but It's A Waste Of Money X

RIO = Big No No

IF you got this to practice with ON YOURSELF then I suppose theres no harm done, BUT PLEASE REMEMBER that this rio thingy will NOT be the same as a professional bit of equipment. It wont work the same, feel the same or give the same results. So imo its a complete waste of money. THINK ABOUT IT - THEY SELL IT IN ARGOS. ITS AVAILABLE TO THE PUBLIC. = NOT A PROFESSIONAL PRODUCT. I would run a mile if someone pulled one out on me! even just to 'test the water' - it could damage your rep big time. use the money towards prof training and products.

x

If i were u i would not even but it to practise on your self it really is a waste of money.
x

I had one of these. I would not buy it if I were you. Simply piece of crap.

I invested into the proper one at last and I love it. Essential nails do courses on airbrushing and you can arrange payment in instalments thats what I have done.

Hope this helps.:p

I had the Rio airbrushing kit from Argos, i couldn't get on with it, the canister didn't last very long i ended up throwing it away, the only thing i kept were the stencils.

Latest posts

Back