Rio Airbrush Nails ARGOS £49.99!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

picklegem

Reaction score
Hi,

I have found on the argos website (www.argos.co.uk) That they do a airbrush kit for £49.99 with airbrush, paints, stensils and video.#

Does anyone think this will be a good purchase????

Tell me what you think

PICKLE GEM XXXX

It looks like it is "powered" from an air canister. I would imagine that this makes the spray uneven as the canister runs out as the pressure will vary (Don't know if this is technically correct) I guess it would be ok for general infrequent home use, but not for a professional who needs to use it a lot and needs reliability.

Its ok if you want to play about but for pro nails it wouldnt last that long and i dont think its double action. It really depend on what you want it for.

picklegem said:
Hi,

I have found on the argos website (www.argos.co.uk) That they do a airbrush kit for £49.99 with airbrush, paints, stensils and video.#

Does anyone think this will be a good purchase????

Tell me what you think

PICKLE GEM XXXX

NO!!

I agree with Gi Gi..................... NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cans of air drive you nuts and its a hobby single action gun, yuk!

Sorry.

I would not touch this kit with a barge pole. Not professional for a start, and also this Rio company is selling alsorts of kits without any standard of education, and so many people are buying in to it. Thing is, if you want a professional job doing, you need someone with the correct knowledge to do it. If you buy cheap you get cheap.

As a nail tech, I would keep well away from these cowboys, trying to make a fast buck out of the general public.

yeah, i dont want to deflate your enthusiasm,but you would be better off investing in something a bit dearer. i got my stuff second hand for just over £100 and its great. RIO seem to be jumping on just about every passing bandwagon. whats the betting that in a couple of years time all their gizmo's will be at the back of peoples kitchen cupboards and then in car boot sales ! :lol:

I'm afraid i have to disagree, i find it easy to use and looks great when finished. You can change the pressure on the canisters.

I find its better for me as i cannot afford the sort of prices for compressor etc...... And to test the water in my area and if it doesn't take off then i haven't lost out too much.

Sammie

hi where do you buy the extra canisters from??? is it good on the natural nail??

You can get extra canisters from Rio Beauty

hi

i would have thought its ok to try it out as theres alot of us who cant afford all the compressors etc even if you were just doing friends and family or if your mobile xx
hi sammie have you tried the body art ??

My friend has the Rio tattoo kit. The airbrush is naff and her air ran out really fast. I have pinched her paints though which work well through my airbrush!!

Yeah i also have the airbrush body art, which is good too.

hi sammie did you find out that the air run out quicker with the body art as well???

no, it does last a while

the cannisters can be bought at Boots the chemist for £4.99, my daughter bought me the tanning kit for Xmas although I use Su-Do with it just for myself at home, there is a new top for the cannister now from Rio which regulates the cannister so it works only with the airbrush pressed if you know what I mean, just going to start my training at the weekend with 0.P.I., just got my manicure certificate so pleased but worried about all the money I'm spending and although looked at jobs that might be available they all want 2 year experience, so now more than worried! I did my friends nails at the weekend and 2 fell off! lol,
although i did a lot of prep maybe not enough, got nail trainer etc so hubby having a fit with all the stuff I'v got any tips pleaseeeeeeeee,
would love to do nail art and learn to airbrush,

Hi Sorry to put a fly into the ointment..... But...

Surely to get insured to do any treatment on your clients, even something as simple as airbrushing, (as they are paying you for a service) You are required to have certification before you can carry out the treatment!

Therefore arent you a little worried that by buying into this cheap end of the market, if you do damage to clients clothing or property, you are liable for any replacements, etc; When I had a new member of staff who tried out my airbrush, she damaged some clothing..... luckily for me it was my sons, and so I had no problems from this... It really is not worth buying cheap for the sake of it or using equipment of any type on a paying client without being fully covered by your insurers!

Sue

just to clarify, I only tan myself not anyone else, I agree I would not use rio professionally to tan clients toooooooooo risky without training, prof equip etc.

dont want to slate these products but surely it doesnt look very good when you are airbrushing a clients nails and she asks where you got you kit from and you say argos.
its like if you go to the hairdressers and they wash your hair in e.g head and shoulders.
a good shampoo but would not make me feel special or pampered, or have much faith in the hair salon.
if these clients see your kit is from argos they will go out and buy it thinking they could set up like yourself
hence you will lose a client and maybe more if other people took it upon them selves to start their own business.
airbrush kits are expensive but with that you get good results and longevity of equipment.
p.s dont shout at me but thats my personal thoughts

Latest posts

Back