rio chromelight any good?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*sarah*

Pmu Geek
Reaction score
Hi guys

Just wondered if the rio chromelight system is any good, I suffer really badly from ingrown hairs and would like to have the the treatment done but its really expenisve round my way. Just wondered f the home system is any good?

xx

sarah, do you mean 'rio' as in argos?

What have you tried so far for the ingrown hairs??

RIO?? No...please don't say it:lol:

Yeah Rio from the catalouges, also I get completely waxed so permanent haire removal would be good, I've tried lots of different creams and lotions which healp to an extent but they cant get the deeper ones, or stop them from developing. I use an nail brush at the moment to scrub as its seems to work better than the lotions. xx

Yeah Rio from the catalouges, also I get completely waxed so permanent haire removal would be good, I've tried lots of different creams and lotions which healp to an extent but they cant get the deeper ones, or stop them from developing. I use an nail brush at the moment to scrub as its seems to work better than the lotions. xx

Rio to me just sort of SCREAMS unpro.
Have a good look at the other systems around for this type of thing mate.
I'm 100% sure others will say the same x

kinda thought that might the response lol but its only for me, I don't do beauty just nails. It's around £80-£100 per treatment here and I'd need quite a few, so was looking for a cheaper option oh well I suppose you get what you pay for lol xx

I would think it almost certainly wouldn't work but as its only for you i guess there is no harm in trying.
If you go on qvc they have it on there and you can see a demo of it.Its called something else but the machine has rio on it.
If you do decide to try it at least with qvc you get a 30 day trial period with a money back guarantee if you think its rubbish, which for the money it quite likely is.

I would say using a nail brush on the skin is way too harsh.What may start to happen,if not already, is the skin will start to thicken which will actually make the ingrown hairs even more of a problem.This is because they wont be able to push their way through the hardened skin.

Exfoliate approx 3 times a week(no more really) and moisturising at least twice a day should improve things,but not everyone has good results.We have had good feed back from clients using Ingrow Go(which contains Glycolic acid,and enables the hair to grown through the softened skin)

I know you have said you've used lots of creams and potions and it can be a real problem,maybe permanent hair removal,i.e lazer or electroysis is the way to go for you.

As for Rio,well if it's only for you then I see no harm as such but it wont be anywhere near as good as a professional piece of equipment.Good luck.xx

Thanks ladies,

I was going to check the spec's of it again pro products today see how it measures up. As for the nail brush oops! the body brush was'nt doin the job so I thought I'd try it looks like I've made the problem worse:eek: ! I've had Ingrow go, but it only lifted the hairs at the very top of the skin which would have come out with exfoliation anyway. Ock well I'll go back to gentle exfoliation and more moisturiser, I'll let you all know how I get on with the spec's. xxx

Latest posts

Back