Rio nail extensions!!!! On tv

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BodyAngels

Reaction score
OMFG. I am watching some stupid women on tv, selling Rio Professional Quick Dip Acrylics and they'll give you 'salon quality extensions' without the salon price!!! Apparently they are sooo easy to do and us nail professionals are getting very worried because this fantastic product is on the market!! Oh and you can use acetone to remove them or bite them off like she does - wot??? I cannot believe what I am hearing. It has just shown them sticking on the clear tips and blending them!! No mention of health and safety or nail infections. It's worrying that so many people will be drawn into this crap and will be ruining their nails in the process.
What makes me even more annoyed, is that one of these pillocks, used to be a nail tech and funnier still, her attempt is the worst I've ever seen!
It's on ideal tv, watch it and weep.
Claire x

what channel number is ideal tv chick?

Its ok chick ive found it OMG

she 100% indorsing the product and cant stipulate enough how good it is AAARRRGGGGGG

Hi Claire,
I saw that and they have it on DVD's too, I was mortified, you have a good point with regards to cross infection, wow how disappointing for us hard working blood sweating professionals. :irked:

Ive just been on to the idealworld website and this is the write up on the product

For The Finished, Polished Look
The professional approach to creating perfect nail extensions. acrylic nails are created by mixing a powder and liquid to form a strong long lasting extension.

Ideal for people who have brittle nails that break easily, want to have beautiful nails for a special occasion, want a head start to help stop nail biting and are simply unable to naturally grow the nails easily, excellent as a gift or self purchase item.
Contents include:
  • Acrylic powder
  • 40 Clear Nail extension tips
  • Nail forms
  • Acrylic liquid
  • Glue
  • Application brush
  • Dappen dish
  • Hoof stick
  • Instructions.
Please note: Rio acrylic nails formula does not contain harmful MMA (methyl methacylate)

:eek:I feel an email coming on :lol:

Well I for one am not worried about rio kits, the more they sell, the more sets of nails we will get to do because people will get the kits, attempt to do them, give up half way through, & then call in a professional to fix the mess they made.

But ideally, it would be more benificial for them to skip the 1st step and go straight to the professional!

Well I for one am not worried about rio kits, the more they sell, the more sets of nails we will get to do because people will get the kits, attempt to do them, give up half way through, & then call in a professional to fix the mess they made.

But ideally, it would be more benificial for them to skip the 1st step and go straight to the professional!

Yes, but when they've ruined their own nails, aren't they going to think that all products will do the same thing? It should be banned, full stop.
Self blending of tips?? 'The chemical smell from salon nails is awful, but you won't get this with Rio!' Thats what one of the presenters said. What does she think this product contains? Sickening, absolutely sickening. Sell, sell, sell and stuff the consumer.

can someone please tell me what number the channel is so i can watch it.
thanks.xx

tskkkk!! OMG!! :grr: ....words fail me :rolleyes: ...nail assassins inc>>we aim to please!

I'm not too worried to be honest. I had a client all last year and when her husband brought her a rio set for Christmas she said she'd stop coming. I didn't see her in January, Febuary or March, in April she came back and is still with me now. People soon learn the hard way and come back to the professionals.
The kind of client that thinks they can do the job better than you are the kind of clients you dont want anyway.

If you do have clients that want things cheaper and quicker or else they're going to buy one of these kits you can offer them popits and still be in the money :green:

Latest posts

Back