RIP Nelson Mandela

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reaction score
27 years in jail for democracy- what an amazing man! Heaven has another hero now!

He was a great man ...it's a pity there's not more like him.

Such an inspiration!

I posted something on my Facebook, and I think that the world has lost one of it's great visionaries. How far he moved the world forward! How did his actions affect you and your life? Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
A sad day.
Reading your post I immediately thought that personally I wasn't really affected by his life and actions, but of course I was. The anti apartheid movement was a powerful force during my teens and twenties, and the campaign to Free Nelson Mandela really awakened my sense of political injustice.
His release in 1990 was a pivotal moment in history, and his life story just shows how much 1 man can achieve.

I am glad the South African people are dancing and singing outside his home, celebrating his life and achievements, as that seems quite fitting.

Last edited:
RIP

I'm not going to lie though I thought he was the actor in Bruce almighty :/ until my partner explained!

But RIP! <3

? Huh ?

I posted something on my Facebook, and I think that the world has lost one of it's great visionaries. How far he moved the world forward! How did his actions affect you and your life? Thoughts?

I guess he affected me because I'm black and he basically revolutionised the worlds most recent apartheid country finally! Bringing every creed and colour together.The fact he had to go to jail for 27 years and dealt with all of that for his beliefs is amazing! I was only 6 or 7 in 1990 when he was released but I can remember it and thought it was amazing even then!

He was so amazing and inspirational.
RIP

A truly wonderful human being xxx

Sleep peacefully xxxx

Basically I wasn't 100% sure who he was - and thought he was an actor - but now I know who he really is! X

You thought Nelson Mandela was Morgan Freeman?!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Damn did i miss the nelson/morgan comments? Lol .. I'm not a political person whatsoever however, i do feel extremely sad that he has passed :( without a doubt one of the most loved people in politics.

Damn did i miss the nelson/morgan comments? Lol .. I'm not a political person whatsoever however, i do feel extremely sad that he has passed :( without a doubt one of the most loved people in politics.

They've been removed I think! Actually- I can see why...

My 11 year old daughter has been learning all about South Africa & more so Nelson Mandela this term & only yesterday they had their class assembly to tell us what they'd learnt about him. (Their class is even called Mandela, instead of Year 5/6 now)

At the end they sang the Freeee Nelson Mandela song & we all went home humming & singing the song.

To then hear the sad news later that evening was actually quite emotive. What an inspirational man he was. We need more people like him in the world!

Oh what a shock to read and how sad ...I didn't know as hadn't had chance to see the news today. He had struggled with illness for such a long time hadn't he bless him. We were lucky enough to go to his 90th birthday party in Hyde Park and he was amazing. I have never seen such a huge crowd stand so quietly and really listen and watch anyone in that way, very special :Love:

I am actually quite sad that someone didn't know who Nelson Mandela was.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Me too :(
He was a truly inspirational man who should never, ever be forgotten. Heaven just gained an angel on earth.

Me too!

Abbie was just being honest! I think she may have deleted her post. She's probably feeling bad already without being made feel worse. Can we forgive? I'm sure that's what Nelson Mandela would want xx

Abbie was just being honest! I think she may have deleted her post. She's probably feeling bad already without being made feel worse. Can we forgive? I'm sure that's what Nelson Mandela would want xx

I'm not sure if forgive is the right word (for me anyway). I'm not angry or have any negative feelings towards Abbie. I am just genuinely sad that she didn't know about this great man until now. That can be overlooked, but it still leaves me sad all the same. No hard feelings Abbie. X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back