RIP Tom Holcomb

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missjodylee

Reaction score
Have just heard about Tom Holcombs passing. So very sad.
:(

Last edited:
It's such sad news the industry has lost a true icon ,my thoughts are with his family at this sad time x

Our industry has lost a huge talent.
A sad loss for us and his family

Last edited:
RIP, Tom. Tom Holcomb died peacefully in his sleep yesterday.

Tom had an amazing talent that impacted hugely on the nail industry and along with his close friend Vicki Peters, changed the face and set the standard of competition nails.

I can remember meeting him for the first time and sharing a huge coffee at a show in Vegas about 25 years ago! We met up many times over the years and always shared a laugh. Sometimes many laughs. That's what I will remember ... That smile.

Last edited:
I never had the pleasure of meeting him unfortunately. My condolences to his family and friends in this difficult time.

Last edited:
A sad day for the industry. RIP Tom Holcomb

so, so sad to hear that Tom has passed away.
I had the honour of meeting and competeing against him a number of times and a nicer man you will not meet.
As for his talent, you a better world champion you will struggle to find.
I feel very priviledgd to have met with one of my idols and he was always generous with his time.
love to his family at this sad time x

Very very sad :((((

A very sad day for our Industry.

I remember seeing Tom Holcomb demonstrating at a Trade Show, many years ago, and being blown away by his talent. He was a real inspiration.

My condolences to his family at this sad time.

So very sad to hear this. We've lost such a talent today. My heart goes out to his family and friends.

For the younger tech's who aren't familiar with Tom's reputation.

Tom was the greatest nail technician in the history of the industry. Tom's successes include 10 times World Champion, 5 times Japan Master, 2 times International Champion in Düsseldorf and 2 times International Champion in Munich.

Tom was the Creative Director of EZ Flow and later was a co-founder of Entity Systems. Tom educated many thousands of nail technicians during his career and his students - which includes many competition champions - will remember Tom for his tremendous skill, his humour, kindness and humility.

It's a very sad day for our industry.

r.i.p. tom my prayers go to his family and friends.
he inspired me at a trade show quite a few years ago and hence my training with ezflow...a great man and a great artist

He was kind and oh so funny.
What a terrible shame he has gone.
I had the pleasure to be trained by him in the usa and i really liked him.
Such a shame hes gone.

such sad news...rip Tom Holcomb xx big hugs xx

This shocking news woke me up fast this morning.

What a tragedy:sad:

My deepest condolences to his family, friends and colleagues.

While I didn't personally know him, I knew enough 'of' him to have a great respect for him.
While he will be greatly missed, his impact and contributions to the industry will live on.
I am without doubt, that he will continue to inspire budding Technicians.

:hug: to everyone.

RIP Tom Holcomb

For the younger tech's who aren't familiar with Tom's reputation.

Tom was the greatest nail technician in the history of the industry. Tom's successes include 10 times World Champion, 5 times Japan Master, 2 times International Champion in Düsseldorf and 2 times International Champion in Munich.

Tom was the Creative Director of EZ Flow and later was a co-founder of Entity Systems. Tom educated many thousands of nail technicians during his career and his students - which includes many competition champions - will remember Tom for his tremendous skill, his humour, kindness and humility.

It's a very sad day for our industry.

Bob; if you don't mind, I'll be quoting you on a shared image on FB with regards this news. MANY don't know these things. I, in fact, wasn't aware of all of it.
Thanks!

It is a sad day for his family and this industry.

So sad to hear that Tom has passed away :sad:

My thoughts and prayers are with his family, close friends and colleagues xx

Latest posts

Back