'Risque' men's salon continues US expansion

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,
Personally I hate getting a hairy chest when cutting hair , so I am afraid my zipper gets zipped all the way up for my own comfort :green:

I would feel very uncomfortable knowing I was purposely dressing up to allow men to ogle my curvy bits .... :o

I reckon its also asking for trouble from clients jealous girlfriends and wives who might get .... just get a tad upset and angry !..

Do they have Bouncers to protect these young girls if Guys understandably may get the wrong idea ?
for instance if a Guy got a bit amorous or drunk and tried to touch a Gal up ?

Plus these girls may get followed home by men who liked what has been on display .....This job has it's risks involved ...

Plus girl to girl ... oh hi where do you work then ?
Oh I am a Professional hairdresser in Knockouts.... Oh ok :rolleyes: Lol

Personally I think it kind of lowers the tone for women ...

Really though .... why would a guy even want to be teased or turned on whilst getting a haircut ? ....
I guess whatever tickles your pickle Guys

( this is not aimed at all Guys though ) x

I can just imagine the scenario of a rather red faced man with half a haircut and goodness knows what else :eek:
getting dragged outta there by his pregnant wife :smack:

Yet again it's another great idea, and if all those clients were knocking on your door you wouldn't be complaining.

As long as they provide a good service, why not have an "edge".

If only "others" could think outside the box, perhaps those "others" would have a schedule so busy, they wouldn't have the time to judge others.

These guys have come up with an idea to increase business and it's working, what are your ideas to increase business?

Whinging about others doesn't seem to work, perhaps it's time for some originality instead. Nor does a conservative attitude.

Lmao. Ouch, harsh.

Some people can actually come up with great ideas to increase business without resorting to skimpy dressing. And still manage to have fantastic booming businesses.

I wouldn't say its a particularly genius idea, women baring flesh and men equals easy business, somebody with one brain cell could come up with that.... (and we all have one friend like that dont we, but she never seems to be able to actually keep a fella haha).

It totally depends what clients you are targeting. And never mind not judging others, this will turn out a bunch of simple men who will be judging US as therapists and hairdressers. I for one get enough men ringing me asking what I wear while working..... :rolleyes:

Divine Beauty
Mobile Beauty & Holistics in Newcastle Upon Tyne
http://www.divine-beauty.co.uk

Last edited:
Yet again it's another great idea, and if all those clients were knocking on your door you wouldn't be complaining.

As long as they provide a good service, why not have an "edge".
I do agree on this, up to a point.

If only "others" could think outside the box, perhaps those "others" would have a schedule so busy, they wouldn't have the time to judge others.
I feel that 'thinking outside the box' is important, and it's BRILLIANT in terms of Business, so I do commend them for that. Don't get me wrong, Perhaps I should have explained further. But I don't find it so much as 'outside of the box' as it could be, since they're using the same tool as many other businesses and that tool being "sex" or the idea of it. So, I don't find it as original as it could have been.

These guys have come up with an idea to increase business and it's working, what are your ideas to increase business?
They are actually in the works right now WITHOUT using 'sex' as a tool :)

Whinging about others doesn't seem to work, perhaps it's time for some originality instead. Nor does a conservative attitude.
Working on that (originality). Perhaps I'm conservative about some things. Not about all though... less so than you might think LOL

As much as it annoys people, sex and sexuality sells, always has and always will.

Mat

I just wish they'd find another way to 'sell' without objectifying people.
And no, if it was 'reverse' (male hairdressers) I wouldn't like it any more than I do this version.

I just wish, that after all these years, and changes in society; it would be nice if "man" (as in the human race) had evolved enough to stop using 'sex' as a tool for power of any kind. When will we evolve beyond it? When will 'man' (again, the human race, male or female) stop objectifying people?

Can I appreciate the view of an attractive human being, no matter their gender? YES, as much as I would appreciate looking at a breath-taking view of a mountain, or feasting my eyes on an awesome classic muscle car. Eye-candy comes in many shapes and sizes.

But, for me, it comes down to the fact that it's time for CHANGE everywhere. Look at all the hooplah over anorexic models instead of 'real-life' models on the catwalk? For me, it's not just about 'selling sex', it's about using people for their looks. I'd like that to change, and with businesses like that continuing to crop up everywhere, it takes us back a step instead of forward.

Again: do I respect them for offering something DIFFERENT and for having a unique USP? Different? yes. Unique? No....

I'm not sure it would work in the uk, but the male market is growing, I have a salon and barbers that provides a service aimed at men, they have a beer with a hair cut or a brandy after a massage. However our look is very vintage gentleman's club, they feel safe in our environment and able to try treatments they normally wouldn't. Not sure I'd pursuade a gent to have his back waxed dressed in red shorts, however maybe I'm just jealous I really wouldn't look that good in short shorts.

I'm just jealous I really wouldn't look that good in short shorts.

I think is the realistic attitude.

I'm sure the people that work in these salons do look good.
People will often be annoyed at a busy salon when they are not that busy themselves.
If you are really busy, you wouldn't have the time to look or compare.:)

Surely those in the sex industry are going to be the ones really annoyed by this business stealing their clients. :wink2::Grope: surely this will be the NSS of the sex worker. They will struggle to compete so will have to reduce their prices and learn to cut hair!

Last edited:
MMmmm i hurts enought when you get hairs stuck and imbedded under your nails!!! One getting stuck in your nipple is agony!!!!!

Latest posts

Back