RNK gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bowsbeauty

Reaction score
I keep seeing advertisements for RNK gel which is £xxxx per bottle, the colours are exactly named after shellac colours!!

Reviews show good and they say they're insured for the product

I've been using CND for a while and the occasional cuccio/gellux.

Has anyone used this 'RNK' gel polish? Is it real? Should I stay clear?

[no trade prices please]

Last edited by a moderator:
i would also like to know this as i'm seeing these ads alot but I am very sceptical

I've used them!! They are great products...nice pigment in the colour!

Do they last well?

I use them too. Great product, haven't had any problems with them. About to order some more.

ooh might have to give these a try, may I ask what you guys used before RnK?

I have bought a selection of rnk gels and so far so good. I have been using cnd shellac and brisa lite with varied results! So I thought I couldn't lose with the price of rnk. The colours, consistency and cover is really good, it's also easy to work with. No shrinkage or coming away from the free edge and no tip wear. It did fracture after about 2 weeks but only on weaker nails. Overall i'm happy and considering giving up on cnd. Xx

Just had a look in Google for these as id never heard of them before. Is it just me or is dose it seem to be fake shellac again? Same colour names, same style bottles, the bottles even have power polish written on them! Anyone have any thoughts? Are they pro products? X

Iv seen these too! But iv thought really! Are they really that good? You get what you pay for. These are very cheap so I wasn't convinced, but heard alot of people say they are good, so why so cheap!? Xx

They don't seem to be professional, I threw some in my cart and they didn't ask for qualifications, and are obviously copying Shellac.

I have ordered 3 colours and shall be testing them out this weekend. Think I will ask for the MSDS report to for my records!

Any more feedback on this?

I've ordered 6 colours and they're all fab - lovely pigmentation and mirror the shellac colours!
I emailed RNK as one of my colours came clear? They got straight bk to me and sent me 2 more of my choice!

Upon reply I did request a MSDS certificate as too were concerned that they never asked for proof of my qualifications before ordering.

My reply back more or less said they're bringing out a new brand but wasn't sure wether the company would continue - this may be why they are selling them cheap??

Anyone else have any feedback?

Gel polish is easy to produce. Every product should work. Every product should come in pretty colours.

Professionals are expected to base their stock decisions beyond the rudimentary position that the products function!

These gel polishes are cheap third world produced tat. No self respecting professional uses this type of product.

I am pretty certain one of the founding site rules was: professional products only.

There seems to be an endless cycle of threads on unprofessional budget rubbish these days. It's a real shame.

The reason I'm on this page is to get feedback and help.

I qualified 6 months ago in various beauty areas but at the moment still working a full time job in finance.

I intend to be 'a self respecting beauty professional' hence my posts on here asking for advise.

Thanks for everyone's opinions and help on this I still have lots of brands to try out [emoji106]

They do seem To be very popular with very positive reviews. How do you know where they were produced willow Rose? Where do Cnd produce theirs?

I am wary as I've always used CND and a few gelish for colours Cnd don't have but I don't want to be an ignorant sheep and believe that no other company can come along and make good products at a reasonable price and take over the market so I am trying them on myself. Then I know exactly how good or rubbish they are.

I would recommend ibd gel polish it's not as cheap as some of the brands which keep popping up on these threads (blue sky, cco etc) but it is a recognised professional brand which has been in use for years. The gel removal and application is great and there is no question or compromise on quality or sourcing. I couldn't afford gelish for instance so I picked a recognisable brand I could trust and afford xxx

This is a self-selecting issue. Those purchasing show poor judgement and as such I don’t value their opinion via any reviews they leave.

As I have said before: all gel polish will work it is a very low benchmark to set. You are meant to delve beyond one dimension when affiliating yourself with a brand.

In answer to your question I could tell by one minute spent googling. The theft of cnd’s intellectual property, broken English, lack of reputation & prevalence on places like alibaba. They also have a website which took me 1 extra minute to find today which confirms they are produced down the road from Bluesky: http://www.rnkgel.com/about.asp

I find it rather odd that anyone would buy a product without doing 2 minutes due diligence - the information is readily available. To look at user reviews but not check company credentials is unwise to say the least.

My clients are intelligent, affluent, discerning and curious. If I stocked this type of product I would lose them & my reputation because one swift google would alert them to the fact that this brand has no place in a salon.

I can only imagine the client bases of people who use this type of product. Reputation aside I am absolutely certain that people who stock these type of products make no money because stocking tat illustrates very poor business practices.

You can buy what you want, use anything you desire, limit your revenue by stocking these lines but please discuss non professional brands elsewhere & let this thread die.

I genuinely would like to know why the moderators permit these endless inappropriate threads. It would not be allowed on the hair forum where they enforce site rules militantly.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back