Robard Paint Shaker :0)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blinkingorgeous

Reaction score
I have just seen the new video/thread whatever its called, by fingernailfixer, where she uses a Robard paint shaker - now my inner gadget geek went off on all cylinder alert telling me I HAD TO HAVE ONE. Has anyone got one of these, are they good, are they a one min wonder and did you buy it direct from the Sates?

I am sooo curious, I just love a gadget :biggrin:

It looks fab, they do ship to Uk but would be curious to see if any Uk manufacturers have it!!!

It looks fab, they do ship to Uk but would be curious to see if any Uk manufacturers have it!!!

Me too, i will be hunting on the net later to see!

Jo xxx
Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

This has been talked about before so there should be an old thread.......:Love:

This has been talked about before so there should be an old thread.......:Love:

Youre right Jersey Jock, I believe it was you who started that thread :biggrin: The only thing is nobody said whether they had actually got it and whether it was worth getting:Love:

Hopefully one of the geeks that bought it through reading that thread will reply to this and let me know if it was worth it, whether it did the trick or whether they regretted spending the money :biggrin:

what is this magic gadget you're talking about?

It's a machine that shakes paint ( little pots used for model painting ) The thought of one of these to shake our shellac came up a while ago but not sure if anyone had any success using one.

what is this magic gadget you're talking about?

Holly from fingernail fixer was testing it out on her new video, its a gadget that you can strap your shellac bottle in and it vibrates is at a high speed so it shakes the bottle for you lol. I know I know, I can shake the bottle myself but Im a sucker for a gadget and just wanted to know if anyone had got one and if the liked it or it was a total waste of money :biggrin:

oooooooo I see! Not a new gadget I can have fun with then as I see Gelish which you don't shake.
I'm disappointed at not having a new toy to lust after and pleased that I don't have to save up for anything lol!
xXx

Does it actually shake it up n down or just vibrate?

Hopefully it will just vibrate and not shake as I really could do with not having Shellac being caught in the lid and drip dropping out when I least expect it. ;)

I think it could be very useful to use before shows or classes where one is demoing all day with different colours. Don't think I'd use it in the salon while with a client.

I only shake for a short 20 seconds or so and find that works perfectly well. We all know we need to shake Shellac before using, but once done I don't need to do it every time I pick it up during the day to use again. I think some people 'over play' the shaking thing. Like they do everything :biggrin:

I think it could be very useful to use before shows or classes where one is demoing all day with different colours. Don't think I'd use it in the salon while with a client.

I only shake for a short 20 seconds or so and find that works perfectly well. We all know we need to shake Shellac before using, but once done I don't need to do it every time I pick it up during the day to use again. I think some people 'over play' the shaking thing. Like they do everything :biggrin:

DITTO!!

Honestly, how much elbow grease does it take to shake a little bottle? Cute idea, but can't find the sense in the expense.
I've got a really nice arm equipped with wrist and elbow that cost me NOTHING.
:wink2:

I've just ordered one so will let you know how I get on. I know alot of techs think its a waste of time getting one of these but if I can get a lovely application right down to the bottom of the bottle happy days..........:biggrin:
If it does happen to be a total waste of money I will let you all know.

I was a little worried about voltage and stuff ??? Have seen a battery one from us ...

My Robart paint shaker arrived today, had to wait ages as it came from america, will keep you all posted to see if it makes a difference, otherwise you'll find it on geekbay:lol::lol::lol:

My Robart paint shaker arrived today, had to wait ages as it came from america, will keep you all posted to see if it makes a difference, otherwise you'll find it on geekbay:lol::lol::lol:

Hiya, im not looking getting 1at the moment but im curious (and am sure others ate too) to know how much you had to pay in total for this including shipping, tax etc from America :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II

I paid for it on my credit card in dollars so when my bill comes I'll be able to let you know the exact cost, I used it today and must admit I like it so far my shellac is going on great, will let you all know more as time goes on.......:hug:

Has ur bill come through yet ?? How u getting on with it x

Latest posts

Back