Rock Royalty still patchy looking after 3 coats - help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hellielou

Reaction score
I'm new to Shellac & have only done approx 10 treatments & have very little confidence in my application.
I've found that with Rock Royalty even after 3 coats some nails (not all) still look a bit patchy. I noticed this today with a client -they looked ok before the top coat was applied but once I cured the top coat & then d.spersed, they looked at bit patchy.

What am I doing wrong? I've hidden Rock Royalty now hoping no -one asks for it!

Honestly, it sounds like you are applying TOO thin. It should be applied like polish...the first coat will look patchy but the second coat will make it perfect. :)

I've always thought I apply too much - I tried scraping all the product off the brush onto the neck of the bottle & just using a small amount like I was shown on the course but I found there wasn't enough to cover the whole nail so now I just load the brush up as I would with normal polish.

Make sure you shake the bottle before you use it too xx

You only need 2 coats of any Shellac colour to achieve the desired coverage. If you are not getting it, then you are applying way too thin or with too heavy a hand or the polish is not mixed by shaking.

Try again using these suggestions and i'm sure the result will be different.

One has to ask the question ... Have you done a certified class with Shellac? If not, I strongly advise you to do it.

Thanks everyone for your advice - I'm so glad forums like this exist & yes, I did the course last month at Sweet Squared in Leeds.

Latest posts

Back