Rock-star nails. Where do you buy your glitter?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlondieBear

Reaction score
Hi nail geeks

I am new to the world of nails and loving rockstar toes
Just wondering where does everyone buy there glitter from?
I am looking for a nice fine red and a sliver just in time for xmas.

Thank You :) X

Arts and crafts supply stores. I find it more economical. To date, I've never had any problems, nor any colour bleeding occur.
I use them in both UV gel and L&P.

Martha Stewart has some BEAUTIFUL glitter too, all different kinds: tinsel (sliced), hexagon, fine, icy mylar (flakes) etc etc
like this for example: Martha Stewart 24-Vial Glitter Multi-Pack | MarthaStewart.com

rcd105283glt24_2_xl.jpg

glitter.jpg

PS: the containers are quite big. Bigger than any I've ever gotten from Nail Art Distributors and cost much less.

hth's

I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong, but if YN glitters are mixed with polymer powder then I dont think they can be used as a sprinkle for the rockstar toes.

They can however be used for a L&P glitter overlay.

I think they do both, some are pre-mixed and some are not :hug:

I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong, but if YN glitters are mixed with polymer powder then I dont think they can be used as a sprinkle for the rockstar toes.

They can however be used for a L&P glitter overlay.

Hi fiona.
No, just one of there collections is a pre mixed glitter ( block party), the rest of the collections are raw glitter.:)

I use the Hobby craft own make ones 20g for £1.59 ( 3 for 2 at the moment) and they have a handle sprinkler on to too, the cure really well too there is a pic on my album of my 8 year olds toes i did last night (first attempt so by no means perfect)
HTH

V x

Thanks for bumping this girls...
Yes there is a block party already mixed ...but i have tons of YN colours that i use on rock star/twinkle toes...then when i need to sculpt a tip with these glitters yes they need to be mixed with a clear speed powder.

I have the Martha Stewart glitters too, great range of colours and they come in a carry case.

These glitters look great...may have to take a trip to a craft shop today! What is the correct ratio for mixing the glitters with powder? :hug:

Arts and crafts supply stores. I find it more economical. To date, I've never had any problems, nor any colour bleeding occur.
I use them in both UV gel and L&P.

Martha Stewart has some BEAUTIFUL glitter too, all different kinds: tinsel (sliced), hexagon, fine, icy mylar (flakes) etc etc
like this for example: Martha Stewart 24-Vial Glitter Multi-Pack | MarthaStewart.com

rcd105283glt24_2_xl.jpg

glitter.jpg
Oh my gosh I JUST bought this set the other day! I'm very excited to try these :)

I looooooovvvvve the Martha Stewart glitters!!!! They're kind of an addiction :) I stay away from really cheap glitters, especially for l&p cuz lots of em lose their color either from the monomer or later from filing (as most glitter is silver with paint on it) but I havent had any issues with the Martha Stewarts

Thank You everyone.
I am going to go for the martha stewart so excited.
Just in time for christmas.
Thank You again X

I only discovered Martha quite by accident recently. Although hers is priced a little higher than my dollar store, she's still much more economical than purchasing from distributors (as far as I can find so far). These are pretty big jars, like pill bottles from scripts.
She even has glass bullion beads

Martha Stewart Microbeads, 12-Pack | MarthaStewart.com

51SnBT5S5eL.jpg

I just bought her 'tinsel glitter' collection of winter/xmas colours. LOVING IT!!:green:

The mix ratio is 3 parts clear powder to 1 part glitter.
SOMETIMES, I add a teensy bit of colour powder to the mix as well.

I'm looking for a local store that carries her whole collection of glitters to save on shipping. But even with shipping, I save HUGE.

Apparently Martha Stewart glitter is now available in Hobbycraft stores across the UK.

I just did a search to find out where to buy the glitters from & found this great thread :) thanks for your recommendations I have gone for the 24 piece set from QVC - I read the reviews & one said that there is a warning on the packet 'Avoid contact with skin and eyes' and 'Wear suitable gloves'. Is this just a standard thing they have to say to cover themselves? would this warning avoid you using them? x:hug:x

Latest posts

Back