Rockstar-can anyone help, I'm going crazy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Everyone,

Sorry to hijack the thread... I did a set of rockstar on Friday and patted the glitter down with both my finger and a brush... I then had to use 3... yes THREE top coats to get a smooth finish! Can anyone explain why this is?
I dont scrub the glitter into the sticky layer as I dont want a foiled look! x

have you tried sticking the centre of a nail form on the end of your finger and *softly* push the glitter down into the nail? that's what i do, and when i want a foiled look, i push down firmly.

Can the same methos be used for OPI Gelcolor?

Sorry if this has been asked, but can you do this with normal Nail Polish then put top coat on. x

Hey everybody can any of you please help me.? I have looked through the rockstar posts but still stuggling. I am shellac qualified and loving the foiled look at the minute but just can't get to grips with the rockstar :(
After using my gel brush to scrub the glitter into the cured colour coat, all i get is a foiled look and not a bling glittery look which is what i'm looking for. If i sprinkle it on then it doesn't last so am really at a dead end. So desperate to do it! Just lloked at everones photos and they look so glittery and literally mine just look smooth, flat and foiled. Can anyone please tell me where i'm going wrong and help me. Thanks so much xxx

I apply glitter onto the UNCURED colour coat using an old dry gel brush but I just dip the brush in the glitter and tip it on the nail then gently pat it down, don't brush it. I then cure and then brush excess off with a toothbrush. I usually do one topcoat then buff with a sanding block then do another top coat. I have done it with 3 coats before but I think it's more likely to peel the more coats you do. To do a glitter fade like the pic I did the same and then gently brushed the glitters into each other so they weren't in definite lines. I used normal craft glitter.

Attachments

• 380762_10150752214672393_564512392_9451299_1507180331_n.jpg
    380762_10150752214672393_564512392_9451299_1507180331_n.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 133
i sprinkle the glitter over the gel with a brush and then brush off excess then cure. i only need one thickish top coat and done,

if the colour you are using is quite dense add some silver or gold to it for that bling finish!

picture.php

Latest posts

Back