Rockstar Shellac started not to last!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RachelLynch

Reaction score
Hello, I've been doing rockstar since last November and have never had a problem with it before, it's always lasted and always lasts on me and my mum around 6 weeks.

Only recently it's stop lasting, I've done 3 in the past 3 weeks and none have lasted 2 have been on holiday so on wondering if the chlorine has affected it.

I don't know how to get them staying on for more than a few days.

In thinking maybe using a gel instead but I don't know which is best

Thanks x

What is your method of application?

If you have been doing it successfully until now it can't be you. It's either your lamp? But If normal shellac is ok then probably not. Have you changed your method? Or it could be that these clients aren't looking after it.

has your shellac been left in daylight or become too hot??

what is your procedure?

If you are just now having problems, then I'm sure it's not your application. I would take out my bulbs and make sure they are clean. Then, put them back, making sure they are in all the way.

Because two of your clients were on vacation, that may be the culprit. Sometimes we do things on holiday that aren't part of our normal lives.

HTH and keep us posted. :)

Maybe it is time to turn your bulbs around so you are getting maximum cure. If things start to change it is nearly always a curing issue (unless you are not using the whole system or have changed your methods etc). Everyone should turn their bulbs over to the clean side after 50 hours.

Last edited:
My method is exactly the same as before, I do pep scrub fresh, base cure for 10 secs, clearly pink cure for 2 mins, scrub my glitter in to tacky layer, top coat cure for 2 mins and remove tacky layer.

I thought about changing my bulbs round they at 71 hours at the min though

I've just had a look and they are full of polish speckles problem is I carnt take my lamp top of now to clean them!! Haha x

My method is exactly the same as before, I do pep scrub fresh, base cure for 10 secs, clearly pink cure for 2 mins, scrub my glitter in to tacky layer, top coat cure for 2 mins and remove tacky layer.

I thought about changing my bulbs round they at 71 hours at the min though

I've just had a look and they are full of polish speckles problem is I carnt take my lamp top of now to clean them!! Haha x

Just shows how clumsy our clients are when putting their hands in the lamp. Can they not just slide their hand gently in? How on earth do they manage to get Shellac on the bulbs :irked::rolleyes::eek:

Just gone and looked at mine and removed about 6 specks - thanks for the timely reminder

Haha I know I don't have a problem when I put my hand in it!

How do I take my lid of its been a while! X

I too have just had this problem, my last set on hands only lasted 4 days and it usually lasts until i remove it for my client. She is coming back today for a free set. I came on salon geek to find out how to remove the lid on my lamp as i just couldnt move it and as usual a helpful geek had posted a video link (thank you) on how to do it and when i removed the bulbs they all had shellac marks on them. I've turned them and hopefully todays rockstars will be as longlasting as usual. It really knocks your confidence when something suddenly goes wrong. Thank goodness for salon geek!!! Hope you get sorted :) x

I know thank goodness for salon geek.
I've got my lamp apart and also turned my bulbs round and rockstar shellaced my fingers to see if they last x

Latest posts

Back