Rockstar toes! Post your pics too

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just done my toes for the first time and i didnt use a colour lol put the glitter straight over my base:o
Learn from your mistakes i suppose, also how do you get that really glossy look after yours all look lovely and smooth mine looks a bit..... textured:)

2 coats of topcoat if youre using Shellac? The 1st coat doesn't give you that smooth feel hth x

I don't scrub it into the sticky layer. I tap it on then brush the excess off. Will try your way though :)

Ahhhh maybe thats where i went wrong trying it post cure- i read another post on here somewhere saying to scrub it in or press it in firmly. I did the opposite foot with glitter in to uncured and that foot is sparkly glitter other foot looks like has less glitter on but unless up close inspecting it isnt noticeable! Im gonna try sprinkling then brushing off excess. Thank you!

Ahhhh maybe thats where i went wrong trying it post cure- i read another post on here somewhere saying to scrub it in or press it in firmly. I did the opposite foot with glitter in to uncured and that foot is sparkly glitter other foot looks like has less glitter on but unless up close inspecting it isnt noticeable! Im gonna try sprinkling then brushing off excess. Thank you!

No problem! You can scrub it with a brush and I've tried it, but I prefer the other way. Scrubbing gives the tin foil effect but I'm not that keen.
Tap the glitter onto the nail then dab your finger into the glitter to bed it in. 1st coat of topcoat, cure then another and cure.
Voila!
X

Tryin the rockstar thing

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1313531618.244226.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1313531618.244226.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 509
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1313531852.309844.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1313531852.309844.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 453
Of course it's not daft - but we don't put the glitter onto uncured product - we put the glitter on the sticky residue left after the product is cured, hth's x

Thanks Buffy, just saw a few mentions of the glitter in uncured product. I myself use the inhibition layer because I didn't see how it can cure properly if there is stuff in it :)

Do you have a uk site?
Our UK and US sites are the same. We are looking into an branch or partner in the UK, but the site now serves both countries. Thanks, Princess Layla

What's your site xx

I don't want to mess with this great thread bouncing links and phone numbers back and forth. I don't know if you can PM me, but if you can we can chat there. I would love to help you or anyone find good quality glitter. I can sell 5 gram 10 gram 10 pound quantities. What I have seeing is the general rule here that any old glitter is the same. I will post a side by side photo of craft glitter and nail art glitter. I think even in a picture anyone could see the difference. In real life it's almost shocking the difference in brightness and pop a good quality gives. :)

Here is what I am currently wearing :) Beau Shellac with Rock Star and Konad Nail Art.jpg

Photo doesnt really do it much justice at all though :(

My first shellac rockstar toes with Fedora and a Pink, yes, pink glitter!

rockstarfedpnk.jpg

RS.jpg

Here is what I am currently wearing :) View attachment 8534

Photo doesnt really do it much justice at all though :(
Those look great! I like the Glam flowers that draws attention to a sweet light glitter. Nice I want to show that picture to people and set a bar.... JK!!! It's got your logo on it and I couldn't trick anyone into thinking I pulled these off... those hands are too young :)

Wow!! These are simply stunning :-D

I'm sick with jealousy, my love! I want to create beautiful nails *stamps feet*

Honestly, these are absolutely gorgeous. I think I need a 121 with you Jo! xx

I love putting nail art over them for a something a bit different :D

292942_207440012646486_100001414652347_593898_6862376_n.jpg

261368_190849054305582_100001414652347_539646_973884_n.jpg

Wow I love these two designs - Can you tell me what exactly what you used and how you did them? I'd love to copy them!:wink2:
Thanks x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1313693035.854505.jpg

Hope this pic has worked! Rock royalty with purple glitter scrubbed in x

Latest posts

Back