Rockstar toes! Post your pics too

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first attempt at Rockstar toes..on my own chubby feet! It's hard to get a decent picture in this house!

photo-1.jpg

I've just been to "the range" and got all this for less than £15 including the storage box.

the glitters were three for £1.99 and the mini pots of stars and sparkles were £1 a pack, (4 tubes).

They have a website too.

Could you post the website address 4 me please.......bargain :) xx

My first attempt at Rockstar toes..on my own chubby feet! It's hard to get a decent picture in this house!

photo-1.jpg

I like that. What colour base and what make and colour glitter are these?

Could you post the website address 4 me please.......bargain :) xx

I'd appreciate this too, can't find the glitter anywhere on the site!

I like that. What colour base and what make and colour glitter are these?

Thank you :) It's Gotcha with the Martha Stewart Iridescent glitter, I did a fade of Sugar Plum, Bubble Gum & Cotton Candy, it looks fantastic in the natural light - I can't stop staring at my own feet!

They don't seem to be on the range site. But if you search for the item number on the pic of the barcode I posted, you'll find them. "DCGP02"

These are done with Blackpool and the brown glitter from those sets.

I didn't realise it was brown, I thought it was a dark purpley mauve brown. I think it would look more purpley over rock royalty.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1313049226.059488.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1313049226.059488.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 773
lyndzbelle80-albums-my+pics-picture39786-rockstar.jpg
[/IMG]

please ignore the fluff attached to my toes lol i didnt realise it was there till I looked at this picture :) and need to get a brush to get rid opf the glitter that gets stuck to my toes at the side!!:biggrin:

Loving this thread! Some of my own to add to the beautiful collection you have going!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1313061724.045300.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1313061724.045300.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 703
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1313061760.751672.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1313061760.751672.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 721
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1313061807.330355.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1313061807.330355.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 707
Can I use a soak off Gel and a glitter to achive the same effect? As this is the only form I am trained in. If I can what would the process be?
I want to say:
Prep
apply Gel layer
Cure
apply/sprinkle glitter to tacky layer
............then what?
Gel
cure and top coat?

Thanks - Everyones looks so good I really want to have a go! x

Stonebear that sounds right to me. Have fun! X

Where does everyone get their glitter from? I was looking at the Martha Stewart ones, they have lovely colours and reasonably priced, unless anyone has some other suggestions? :wink2: x

Ive got Fraulein glitters, they are super fine and go on nice and smooth almost creating a foil like, its whats in my picture above :biggrin:
my only negative is its not a "twinkly" as the others like the martha stewart

Just had a go on a practice nail - it is so gorgeous!!!

I just keep staring at how sparkly it is haha, I love a good bit of bling!!

Just had a go on my toes - it looks beautiful, so sparkly!

Only problem is how are you guys removing all the excess glitter around the nail? I've tried with the brush put it's not moving it.

IMG_1134.jpg

IMG_1130.jpg

Not overly keen on the Gold for Rockstar toes but I worked with what I had. Just been out to Hobbycraft specifically to buy Martha Stewart glitters - GORGEOUS!!!!:lick:

Love this thread x

Still waiting for my glitter can't wait to do some rockstar toes. X

Here are two pics of my first attempt a couple months back. I am addicted and try to talk all pedi clients in to it as I just think its fabby on toesies, I never minx my feet anymore - rockstar or shellac only!

( Ignore my monster pjs in the background - haha!! )

I also tried to do a glitter fade on pinkie with purple...

How do you all do your fades - fade to clear or fade to other colours either, Not entirely comfortable of any form of fade yet, so havent offered it - incase i make mess! X

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1313265291.654711.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1313265291.654711.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 605
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1313265308.206320.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1313265308.206320.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 708
i use fine glitter on my nails and buy from The Range, HobbyCraft, Toys R Us, infact any art supplies shop you can get fine glitter from and fab priced.

what i would like to know tho (and am maybe being a little dim) when i do my glitters, either in full nail or tips i paint a base colour and let dry completly, then put a top coat where i want glittered and sprinkle to the line, or all over if a full nail, then pat down with a finger and when dry i will top coat twice till smooth... is this different from rockstar nails?

Latest posts

Back