ROI - buying nail supplies from the UK

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fisou

@fivarnishednails
Reaction score
Heya folks. Been away for a while but looking into getting back to nails. With brexit has anyone made any major purchases from the UK and if so how was the whole customs process for you?

Customs and postage costs are a pain in the bum unless you’re buying from NI.
Most U.K. retailers don’t want the hassle of taking off U.K. VAT so you’re likely to end up paying VAT twice if you’re not careful.

I do hair not nails but I now buy supplies from either Ireland or other EU countries and it’s so much easier and cheaper.🤷‍♀️

Customs and postage costs are a pain in the bum unless you’re buying from NI.
Most U.K. retailers don’t want the hassle of taking off U.K. VAT so you’re likely to end up paying VAT twice if you’re not careful.

I do hair not nails but I now buy supplies from either Ireland or other EU countries and it’s so much easier and cheaper.🤷‍♀️

Right it makes sense. I was looking into getting magpie gel polish and lamp range. We do have an ROI reseller but they don't seem to have the lamp or the full colour range. I've messaged the brand on Insta for their take but got no reply, I'll try again and email them and see what they say.

You should only be paying VAT once so maybe check with your seller as they should not charge you the UK vat if you are importing. We hear of a lot of salons who think they should not pay any tax at all but you the charges you should be paying are the tax (either UK or your countries rate), duty (which tends to be minimal) and customs clearance which the couriers charge however check with the courier if they have any restrictions as a lot of couriers now class liquids and nail varnish/polish as prohibited items which can obviously cause issues during customs clearance x

Latest posts

Back