Roller wax cartridges - a few questions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CeeCee

Reaction score
I'm considering buying a roller wax system as it seems to be a less messy way of waxing legs (still relatively new and still drip a bit!), but have a few questions (I've searched the forum).

- Could someone tell me approximately how many pairs of half legs I would get from one 100g cartridge?

- I have my eye on the Hive mini multi pro heater, does anyone know how quickly the wax cools down - does it stay hot enough to do a half leg before it cools down. I've seen some cartridges that have insulation round them but they seem to be the single ones.

- Are roller heads and wax cartridges 'mix and match', which would then fit in the heater, ie Clean and Easy heads, with Perron Rigot cartridge put into the Hive heater?

I use clean and easy .
Yes roller heads are swappable for most systems but stick to the right brand for your cartridges . Very little price benefit to use another.

I would estimate that with one large cartridge I can do
A full leg, b line and underarm easily. Obviously you have two or three heated up and you swap between them when waxing. This ensures the wax has heated back up before you use it again

Thanks for your reply.
I was going to use PR wax but don't fancy the £80+ for their roller heater

Ellisons do a good start up package for different systems including clean and easy

Personally I use one wax cartilage per client. It's costed into my treatments.
Even if you change the head some bacteria from the previous client could get in and that is not very good.
Usually one cartilage does one set full leg wax but this depends on the size height etc of your client , petite ladies could use less for example.

I'm wondering exactly the same. I want to use clean and easy cartridges but don't have the need for their big wax heater so want to buy the 3 slot Hive heater. Unsure if it's interchangable

I'm wondering exactly the same. I want to use clean and easy cartridges but don't have the need for their big wax heater so want to buy the 3 slot Hive heater. Unsure if it's interchangable

If you plan to do leg waxing with the roll on system then I would advise you to still go for the heater with 3 large cartridges - this is because you need the wax in the first cartridge to be heated back up before you return to it.
So when you wax a large area you use cartridge 1 & replace, then cartridge 2 & replace, then cartridge 3 & replace, Then back to cartridge 1 which is now at the right temperature again and so on.

hope that makes sense!

If you plan to do leg waxing with the roll on system then I would advise you to still go for the heater with 3 large cartridges - this is because you need the wax in the first cartridge to be heated back up before you return to it.
So when you wax a large area you use cartridge 1 & replace, then cartridge 2 & replace, then cartridge 3 & replace, Then back to cartridge 1 which is now at the right temperature again and so on.

hope that makes sense!

Yes I’ll be going for a 3 slot. Just need to know if I can use clean and easy cartridges in the hive heater. Plus if I’m rotating 3 cartridges for one client can I use the remainder on the next client? I thought they had to be thrown after each person

Yes I’ll be going for a 3 slot. Just need to know if I can use clean and easy cartridges in the hive heater. Plus if I’m rotating 3 cartridges for one client can I use the remainder on the next client? I thought they had to be thrown after each person
I think they are all the same size but to be sure I would either phone the wholesalers and ask or buy one cartridge of each brand and see if they match.
Cleaning after each client - clean the heater and cartridge head outsides with a wax removing product. Follow the manufacturers instructions otherwise.
I've used C+E for nearly 30 years without one single incident of post waxing infections / folliculitis.... and I always wear gloves!

I think they are all the same size but to be sure I would either phone the wholesalers and ask or buy one cartridge of each brand and see if they match.
Cleaning after each client - clean the heater and cartridge head outsides with a wax removing product. Follow the manufacturers instructions otherwise.
I've used C+E for nearly 30 years without one single incident of post waxing infections / folliculitis.... and I always wear gloves!

Fantastic I’ll do all that. Thank you for the advice [emoji4]

Latest posts

Back